Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 OUTBACK 2.5 PREMIUM
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an issue with there moonroof? With only 800 mi. On my car the top would not open more than an inch or two. Subaru replaced the switches, then had to replace all the guts inside. But i must thank subaru of staten island for doing a great job getting it done. I got a loner car and they had it done the next day. :)

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Cold temps have been causing binding issues in the track system. The switch is a smart switch that knows the stop points for each position of the slider. When the track binds the switch appears to loose its memory on the slider positions. At which point it goes into a teach me mode. Where if you can open the slider - you press the switch after each stop all the way open then all the way closed through the tilt up and down to full close position. At which point the tip up and down switch becomes active again. I've had to re teach my switch a few times after trying to open the slider in cold temps. Warm temps it works perfectly fine. Late 2010 model. Our very early 2010 Legacy does not appear to have this issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts