Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
You look like a big guy, you got enough room in there? How long have you been using a teardrop? We are tent campers, but getting older an looking for alternatives.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Here is a shot of my OB and Teardrop in Yosemite from 2012. I am 6'2" and around 250# and my wife and I sleep very comfortably in it on a queen size memory foam mattress. Snug as the proverbial bug in a rug. Love my Outback and Teardrop!

Attachments

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
You look like a big guy, you got enough room in there? How long have you been using a teardrop? We are tent campers, but getting older an looking for alternatives.
I have a feeling your older than I and My wife. You know that old saying as long as you can keep the wife happy you might still get to do cool stuff?

We got out of tents on the ground to a tent on a trailer with a nice comfy bed. After the kids are gone I can see that tent turning into something warmer be it a tear drop or maybe ditching the 8passenger SUV for a midsized pickup with a 4x4 pop camper.

Check out the Campinn tear drops the 560 is my top favorite though they cost a pretty penny.

Camp-Inn Teardrop 560 Ultra

·
Registered
398 Posts
The Camp-Inns are really nice and yes, they ARE pricey. I did a lot of looking around before I decided on what I wanted in my TD. I had it custom built by Knox Retro Campers in Tennessee and am really happy with it.
The wife and I went from backpacking, to tenting, to a popup tent trailer, to a 25 ft fifth wheel, and then back to a tent, which I just could not deal with after so many years of being up off the ground. That's when we decided on the Teardrop and it is the best of all world IMO in regards to comfort and towability.

I have a feeling your older than I and My wife. You know that old saying as long as you can keep the wife happy you might still get to do cool stuff?

We got out of tents on the ground to a tent on a trailer with a nice comfy bed. After the kids are gone I can see that tent turning into something warmer be it a tear drop or maybe ditching the 8passenger SUV for a midsized pickup with a 4x4 pop camper.

Check out the Campinn tear drops the 560 is my top favorite though they cost a pretty penny.

Camp-Inn Teardrop 560 Ultra

·
Registered
10 Posts
I assume the subie used in this thread is a 6 cylinder. Is anyone using a 4 banger to pull a trailer like this?

ooops... I see it may very well be the 2.5 engine. Interesting...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
Adrien38
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing