Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the most common mods done on OBs?

I want to do some, but I'm not sure where to start. Clearly most of the focus in the scooby community is on the WRX/Impreza mods, but some of those aren't exactly practical for an OB.

Any recommendations for a few good, easy mods to start with?

I'm talking: filters/intakes/new bulbs/lamps...

·
Registered
166 Posts
the easy one was the bulbs for me ;)

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,268 Posts
Peaty said:
Something I'm working on in the lighting area:

http://www.subaruforester.com/viewtopic.php?t=2052

I should have the bulbs any day now.
Peaty those look very interesting, I may be interested in some also. ***Hmmm... smells like a new group buy soon :D***
Tell us how those are whenever you get them in, thanks!

·
Registered
352 Posts
FMGreen:
I've read about underdrive pulleys on outbacks. Might be a mod you'd be interested in. Not sure how they work but someone on this site may know more.

The dealer I bought my Outback from had another used Outback that had one on it. They said it was a little "peppier" than the Outback I bought. It also had a huge dent in the door so I didn't bother driving it.:D

Peaty:

Those lights sound really cool. Can't wait for some pictures!

·
Registered
20 Posts
a new motor and a turbo kit.:p :p :p a CAI

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
251 Posts
FMGreen, it depends on what you want out of the car. What are you looking to improve and what is your driving style? Are you looking to improve power, handling, just the "bling" factor, exhaust tone? There's lots you can do it just depends on what you want out of it. Most common mods are applicable to the OBS, or should be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
Peaty
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing