Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully their view turns out better than the "meh" response on their long term Ascent... Which had a couple of gremlins combined with a few 3rd party hijinks that skewed the overall take on it.

Regular gas FTW.... My XT requires top shelf stuff.... 馃お

Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
So you use the higher octane (premium) gas in even though it's not needed? What are the benefits, especially since it isn't specified by the manufacturer? Just wondering. May want to do it myself.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
@Patt F. My EJ255 engine requires a minimum of 91 Octane. Unlike the FA24...

Bad things would happen if i did that, outside of an emergency...

There's a thread or two on So_Org about the negligible gains of using more than 87 Octane on the OEM map.

Reactions: Patt F.

Registered
'20 Outback Onyx XT AGM/'04 Forester XT
They just started the review? (We have to wait another year for their take?)
They'll post several updates before the year is complete. Scroll towards the bottom of their Ascent long term wrap-up and you'll see the updates.

Registered
2019 Subaru Forester Premium, Crystal Black Silica, Pkg 15
I鈥檓 most curious about how the StarTex holds up over time. I had nearly 9 years with my Outback and the leather seats in it were pristine - but I did make a habit of applying a 3-in-1 conditioner to them about once every month or two.

I鈥檝e also heard that the StarTex stays cool compared to leather so the ventilated seats might not be as important in that trim level. Would be good to hear after the summer reviews are in, since I am drawn to the Touring trim primarily for the ventilated seats.

Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
I鈥檓 most curious about how the StarTex holds up over time. I had nearly 9 years with my Outback and the leather seats in it were pristine - but I did make a habit of applying a 3-in-1 conditioner to them about once every month or two.

I鈥檝e also heard that the StarTex stays cool compared to leather so the ventilated seats might not be as important in that trim level. Would be good to hear after the summer reviews are in, since I am drawn to the Touring trim primarily for the ventilated seats.
It was about 100F here today and I did not notice the seats being hot. I haven't paid particular attention to this but I guess in a way that means the seats don't get hot enough to notice.

Registered
2020 Onyx Edition, Storm Trooper White
Should be back in the office in July, Woodland Hills, Los Angeles. Should be a scorching 115+ in some days from July onward. So far, the 90s heat, I have zero issues with any "hot seats" in my Onyx. Will report back then... assuming we have no other "country/world wide disaster" that keeps the office from opening...

Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT in Autumn Green Metallic
We were about 90 and the interior was hot as were the seats. However, I also noticed they cooled really rapidly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts