Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has specs on the mounting depth in the 05 outbacks for door speakers. I know there is supposedly more room in the redesign, but I am about to replace speakers and want to save some trouble by knowing up front.

Thanks!

I have not purchased the service manuals yet. Other cars I have owned contained this info in the service manuals if anyone has the books or the PDF files.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Hi BlackonBlack.

The stock speakers are 1.75" but you can get away with about 2". Anything bigger then that and you will need to use a spacer. The spacer can be as thick as 1", but if the speaker's maximum cone excursion is quite high, the cone might hit the door panel at high volume with a 1" spacer.

So you can go with 3" thick speakers with a 1" spacer.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sduford! That is exactly what I needed. I am planning on putting either Boston Pro60's or the 6.5 Z series in over the next week or so. They should both fit with spacers. I just did not know the stock size.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Anyone know where I could get those 1" spacers?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
oddspeed
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing