Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 7205 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we make this post a place for everybody to post their MSRP/INVOICE/PURCHASE PRICE?

I think that's a question many of us want to ask when somebody buys one as it is the most pertinent aspect of their purchase to our future purchase and posting the deals we all got in here will help future buyers negotiate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I purchased my last vehicle, I was able to go the BMW forum prior to ordering the vehicle and located a thread by a BMW insider who posted true invoice on each BMW vehicle and invoice pricing on options. What a valuable piece of information. I would like to see a thread listed for buyers:2015 Subaru Outback MSRP and Invoice Buyers Download. I have a hard time believing options listed are what dealer pays the factory for added options so I tend to think the true dealer invoice is lower than most buyers think.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My sticker said $34,561 and they stated flat out that was the price they paid. I called while sitting in the show room, on speaker, to another dealer and asked to order the same car, they quoted $31,056. My dealer quickly called the GM and they not only price matched but I got all season floor matts, trunk tray, cargo nets, and the theft upgrade at no cost.

I later haggled for an hour with the finance manager to get 2.99% then later 2.75% and a gap/10year warranty at the same monthly rate as 2.99%.

It takes awhile, but if you don't have a problem being a jerk you can get better deals.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm about to place an order this weekend.

2.5i Premium with EyeSight + Blind-Spot Detection & Rear Cross-Traffic Alert + Power Rear Gate and a trailer hitch.

Prices (before tax/fees)
Invoice: $28,069.00
MSRP: $29,139
My Negotiated Price (AAA discount): $28,218.00

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm about to place an order this weekend.

2.5i Premium with EyeSight + Blind-Spot Detection & Rear Cross-Traffic Alert + Power Rear Gate and a trailer hitch.

Prices (before tax/fees)
Invoice: $28,069.00
MSRP: $29,139
My Negotiated Price (AAA discount): $28,218.00
You have more negotiating to do if your price is above invoice... Unless you just don't have any Subaru dealers within driving distance.

·
Registered
191 Posts
When I purchased my last vehicle, I was able to go the BMW forum prior to ordering the vehicle and located a thread by a BMW insider who posted true invoice on each BMW vehicle and invoice pricing on options. What a valuable piece of information. I would like to see a thread listed for buyers:2015 Subaru Outback MSRP and Invoice Buyers Download. I have a hard time believing options listed are what dealer pays the factory for added options so I tend to think the true dealer invoice is lower than most buyers think.
I been posted this on the other thread a few days back ...

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/138-gen-5-2015-present/158266-invoice-pricing-invoice-options-pricing-4.html#post1735242

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
203 Posts
You have more negotiating to do if your price is above invoice... Unless you just don't have any Subaru dealers within driving distance.
There are actually 3 within driving distance but none willing to come down any further than $200 above invoice.. Most wanted $500-$800 more.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Parky, you should read up on the VIP program. If you need to buy immediately, check out the ASPCA one.

My assumption in starting this post was that everybody will get 2% below invoice, so the purpose was to see examples of where people were able to negotiate below that, or to get additional items added on at invoice or lesser, such as a warranty or dealer add ons.

There are 5-6 dealers within a 3 hour drive from where I live, so presumably, if I can use VIP to get 2% below from any of them, one should be willing to go lower to secure my business, correct? The negotiations will just be made easier if there are other examples to point to and will be helpful for every future negotiator.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Parky, you should read up on the VIP program. If you need to buy immediately, check out the ASPCA one.

My assumption in starting this post was that everybody will get 2% below invoice, so the purpose was to see examples of where people were able to negotiate below that, or to get additional items added on at invoice or lesser, such as a warranty or dealer add ons.

The last time I was at the Subaru dealer in Riverhead, NY (summer 2012), I told the salesperson I wanted to pay 2% under invoice for a 2013. The manager came out and told me he was insulted by my offer and I left.

The dealer in Huntington, NY wouldn't take more than $1,000.00 off MSRP. I had much better luck negotiating at the dealership in Hicksville, but for whatever reason, we decided that my wife should lease a Passat instead. We'll check out '16 OBs next summer for her.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ordered a 2015 Outback Limited.

Price before taxes and some add-on's was 27,300. We bought my wifes forester from the same sales guys.

·
Registered
191 Posts

There are 5-6 dealers within a 3 hour drive from where I live, so presumably, if I can use VIP to get 2% below from any of them, one should be willing to go lower to secure my business, correct? The negotiations will just be made easier if there are other examples to point to and will be helpful for every future negotiator.
If you live within a 500 mile radius of Chicago, you can call Grand Subaru in Chicago and they'll give you the best deal you can find not just in the Mid-West but perhaps in N.A ! There are several people on this forum who have gotten quotes that are over 4% under Invoice price - no kidding !

I line in KY and plan on traveling to Chicago the weekend of July 4th to reserve mine - a 2.5i Premium in Lapis Blue Pearl with Eyesight, B/S and Cross traffic alert and rear Power gate w/ Popular Pkg # 5.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you live within a 500 mile radius of Chicago, you can call Grand Subaru in Chicago and they'll give you the best deal you can find not just in the Mid-West but perhaps in N.A ! There are several people on this forum who have gotten quotes that are over 4% under Invoice price - no kidding !

I line in KY and plan on traveling to Chicago the weekend of July 4th to reserve mine - a 2.5i Premium in Lapis Blue Pearl with Eyesight, B/S and Cross traffic alert and rear Power gate w/ Popular Pkg # 5.
I am actually fairly close to Chicago. However, paying IL sales tax could add a considerable amount to the overall final bill, no? I believe sales tax in Chicago is 9%+. In Indiana it's only 7%.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am actually fairly close to Chicago. However, paying IL sales tax could add a considerable amount to the overall final bill, no? I believe sales tax in Chicago is 9%+. In Indiana it's only 7%.
I ordered mine from Grand on Monday, Limited PZEV w/package 22 and pop package 5 at 4.1% under invoice. It'll be in sometime in August. The tax goes by county of residence (mine is around 7%).

They said they'll have their first wave of 15s on the lot on July 7th. Since I wanted PZEV, I had to order it. They don't carry PZEV normally. Mid city Subaru in Chicago called me on Tuesday to say that they had some delivered that day. I was quoted a much better price at Grand, over $1K difference.

Hope that helps too.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Hi, I am looking to get the same configuration but in crystal white pearl. Would be interested to know how much under invoice you will get as a price reference. I wont be ordering the new car but will buy it when it's available starting this Fall.

I am from S. Cal so buying from Grand Subaru is most likely out of the question, unless I want to fly out with the family to Chicago and drive back as a family vacation, nah just a thought... just too long of a drive.

thks,

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can a dealership deny a VIP member 2% under invoice?
I believe I have also read some VIP rules verbiage stating to get the the 2% you are not supposed to go in first and negotiate and then pull on the 2% trump card.

Does anyone recall seeing that? I will try to look for it over the weekend. Not sure if it would actually be enforced anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You pay taxes in the state the vehicle is registered in, not where it is purchased.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I believe I have also read some VIP rules verbiage stating to get the the 2% you are not supposed to go in first and negotiate and then pull on the 2% trump card.

Does anyone recall seeing that? I will try to look for it over the weekend. Not sure if it would actually be enforced anyway.
The rules do state this, however, your recourse would be to go through another dealership for the VIP transaction. Knowing this, the original dealer would most likely be OK unless they feel like you are messing around with them.

Here's the verbiage from SOA:
Code:
IT IS NOT THE INTENTION OR PURPOSE OF THE VIP PROGRAM 
TO INTERFERE WITH ANY PRICING NEGOTIATIONS CURRENTLY UNDERWAY 
WITH A DEALERSHIP AND A CUSTOMER WHO HAS PREVIOUSLY VISITED 
THE DEALER WITHOUT THE APPROVED DEALER VISIT AUTHORIZATION FORM. 
IN SUCH SITUATIONS, THE VIP PROGRAM IS INAPPLICABLE.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We ordered 2015 2.5i Limited with a few accessories yesterday here in Oklahoma.

MSRP: $31,700
Invoice: $29,600
Purchase: $29,000 (approx. 2% off invoice)

1 - 20 of 7205 Posts
About this Discussion
7.2K Replies
2K Participants
SoCal Hiker
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing