Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 60 of 7226 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just ordered my 2015 OB 3.6 w/nav and bumper cover, paid invoice plus $200. Checked the invoice on a couple sights and it matched. Sticker was $36135, invoice $33,601. Figured it was a fair price for an order vehicle and I didn't have to haggle. The dealership was packed and were sold out of 3.6s. Wanted eyesight, but they don't start building them until the fall according to the dealer.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I can confirm this pricing is for a 2015 limited. I got a similar quote for a pretty close example build to what callmeammo posted.
I will double confirm this. I got a quote in the low 31's and I put on more options than callmeammo. I was somewhat shocked to say the least. The earlier quotes I I received were all in the mid 33's for the same setup. I was also was surprised to hear it would be available in July or August and that is with eyesight as opposed to the fall.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was also was surprised to hear it would be available in July or August and that is with eyesight as opposed to the fall.
We put in an order for a 3.6 today with package #23 and our invoice was $34,050. We also got some accessories: all weather mat, rear bumper cover, etc., so OTD (9% tax, registration, etc.) it was about $38,000. We were originally not going to order eyesight, but she mentioned that even with eyesight it was going to be the same 6-8 week delivery timeline, so we just added it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
None have arrived. They are ORDERING with Eyesight... These orders will be filled when Eyesight becomes available, in the Fall.
Actually, I've had 2 dealers tell me they've already sold some '15s with eye sight. Not sure how that's possible, but they said they have. I went in and ordered mine today from Grand and they didn't mention any extra waits due to ordering eye sight, but they also didn't give me a timeline (and I didn't ask) as we were somewhat pressed for time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting, I was told the timeline was 8-10 weeks and eyesight would push it into the fall--sounds like a call/email to Subaru is needed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Check your math. By my calcs, MSRP is $33,403, and the dealer's
offer is $30548 (or $30548 + $216 ?). That's 8-9% under MSRP.

I wouldn't expect to see 12-13% discounts until the 2016 arrives.

Checking my math:

MSRP/Invoice
2015 Limited 2.5 = $29995 /$ 28417
Moon/Keyless/Nav/Eyesight = $2990 / $2493
Pop Package #5 = $673 / $434
Remote Start = $435 / $326
Destination = $850 / 9850

Total: MSRP $34993 / $32209

Grand Price: $30,932 = 11.61% off MSRP, 3.965% off invoice
Dealer Fee: $166.27 (best I've ever seen, vs.$599 in North Carolina!)
Drive Off Tags: $50.00

*Update: I just ordered my 2015 Outback. Might be 8-10 weeks until it arrives. I've never been to Chicago, so we're going to make a little vacation out of it and then take a leisurely ride home in the new car. The internet sales manager was super easy to deal with.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yesterday I took delivery of a Crystal White Pearl 2015 Outback lmt equipped with

#22 Moonroof Pkg, Keyless Access/Pushbutton Start, Navigation $2,195

Popular Package 4 (OZ9) Exterior auto dimming mirror with approach lighting, auto dimming rear view mirror with compass and Homelink garage door opener, rear bumper cover, all weather rubber floor mats, splash guards $867

for $29,900
+tax 2,170
+doc 166
+license 221
+county tax 15

out the door $32,472

I think i got a fair price for a car that i drove off the lot. International subaru of orland park beat ever quote i received by at least $1,400.

·
Registered
184 Posts
For the guys ordering from grand are you trading in a vehicle? How does the appraisal work with an order? This is my only fear ordering is that they will low ball me on my trade and I won't be able to do anything about it other than walk away and get my deposit back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For the guys ordering from grand are you trading in a vehicle? How does the appraisal work with an order? This is my only fear ordering is that they will low ball me on my trade and I won't be able to do anything about it other than walk away and get my deposit back.
We haven't decided on the trade in yet. She said they won't quote our trade in (Mazda RX8) until we take delivery of the outback 3.6 in 6-8 weeks. However, she did indicate that she didn't think they would offer a very competitive deal. We'll see what they offer and, if they won't negotiate, look into selling the car elsewhere.

·
Registered
184 Posts
They prolly only offer wholesale on the trade. I wonder if carmax is an option? I don't think they do much better though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sell your car on Craigslist or cars.com - you'll always do better, and by a lot. I'm not trading in my 2013 VW Sportwagen (just don't like the car). I'll sell it on Craigslist and get at least 2k more for it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sell your car on Craigslist or cars.com - you'll always do better, and by a lot. I'm not trading in my 2013 VW Sportwagen (just don't like the car). I'll sell it on Craigslist and get at least 2k more for it.
I always worry about scams on Craigslist. How do you handle the sale when it's a $10-15k+ Transaction? Only take a bank cashiers check and deposit it before you hand over the keys?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Order placed today with Melissa at Grand:

MSRP: $34,578
Invoice: $31,928
Your Price: $30,580

2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited (Crystal Black Silica/Slate Black Leather)
Model Code: FDF
Option Code: 23 (Moonroof Package + Keyless Access & Start + Navigation + Eye Sight)
CVT (Automatic Transmission)
Popular Package #5 - Exterior auto-dimming mirror with Blind Spot Detection (BSD) and approach lighting; Rear bumper cover; All weather floor mats; Splash guards; Rear seat back protector
Cargo Net Rear of Seat

Additional Fees:
$166.27 Documentary Fee
$145 Transfer Plates OR $221 Brand New Plates
Sales Tax

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am confused about the bundling ... if I wanted Eyesight on a 2.5i Limited, what other stuff would I be forced to buy and at what cost?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am confused about the bundling ... if I wanted Eyesight on a 2.5i Limited, what other stuff would I be forced to buy and at what cost?
For the Limited, only one package includes EyeSight (#23) and it costs $2990. The package includes:
-Keyless Access with Pushbutton Start
-Moonroof Package
-Eyesight
-Navigation/GPS

See the cars101.com Outback page for more info.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
I always worry about scams on Craigslist. How do you handle the sale when it's a $10-15k+ Transaction? Only take a bank cashiers check and deposit it before you hand over the keys?
I've done a few in the 20+ range

We always sit down at a local bank branch and fill out the paper work then take the person to the counter and have the funds confirmed. This typically makes both seller and buyer happy given both parties typically can have Craigs list worries.

10-15K is peanuts
No really it is

I the person will not speak with you on the phone before you even start to talk money or viewing the vehicle - move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No phone conversation don't even bother with the add.

41 - 60 of 7226 Posts
About this Discussion
7.2K Replies
2K Participants
Kms7852
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing