Subaru Outback Forums banner

7141 - 7160 of 7226 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
When deal with Grand remotely, how does the trade in work? I live in Virginia. In my case, will they take a trade in?
Consider getting Carmax offer before thinking about trading in. If nearby Subaru dealerships or Grand can give more than what Carmax has to offer, GREAT! Otherwise, I’m thinking you still have to make a trip to IL or arrange a way to ship it over there. But you will incur some upfront cost there. Contact Grand Subaru since they probably have experience with out-of-state transactions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had been lurking in the forums. Thanks a lot for your help. This was a really helpful thread. I had been meaning to post this for a while but couldn't.

I live in Greater Seattle Area.

Bought the car in beginning of July. The best deal for all cash price was from Grand for 28,688, plus TTL, doc fee etc. Shipping was $1200. No local dealer was able to match the price. Grand needed 2-3 weeks to arrange the car with the color and options I wanted. I booked the car but told them that I would go elsewhere if someone else was able to get the car I wanted sooner.

I ended up buying from a dealer in Portland for 28,752 who got the car sooner and also came close to the price from Grand and this price was including all doc fee etc.

This Portland dealer was not sure of the exact taxes in my area so I told them to give me temporary permits and I will deal with TTL myself at DMV.

2019 Outback Limited + Option 24 + Popular package 2
MSRP: 36,837
Invoice: 34,088
Final All Cash Price: 28,752 + TTL
TTL: 3,472 (yes taxes are like 10.5% and yearly tab/RTA fee is crazy high in Greater Seattle area).

Good luck with your car search.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2019 Outback Limited + Option 24 + Popular package 2
MSRP: 36,837
Invoice: 34,088
Final All Cash Price: 28,752 + TTL
TTL: 3,472 (yes taxes are like 10.5% and yearly tab/RTA fee is crazy high in Greater Seattle area).

Good luck with your car search.

That's a pretty good deal for a limited.

Which dealer was it? Carr?

And congrats!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Consider getting Carmax offer before thinking about trading in. If nearby Subaru dealerships or Grand can give more than what Carmax has to offer, GREAT! Otherwise, I’m thinking you still have to make a trip to IL or arrange a way to ship it over there. But you will incur some upfront cost there. Contact Grand Subaru since they probably have experience with out-of-state transactions.
thank you. I will try carmax first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking for some thoughts on older used vs new.

2019 2.5i Limited -> 31,500 OTD

2013 2.5i Limited, 55k miles, 1 owner, drove 8k miles like clockwork with routine maintenance --> $15,900 OTD

I know this is the forum for new but was wondering if there is any particular reason to avoid any of the older model years? Leaning towards the 2013 for the lower payment. If I could swing the 2019 down to $30,000

Other option I am looking at is the CR-V EX-L at $29,000 AWD OTD. Wife liked the feel of the Subaru better but I personally liked the cargo design on the CR-V better.

Any opinion is appreciated.

·
Registered
770 Posts
First, 3.25% for outside financing must be a secured rate against your home. Most car loans from the bank are in the 6% range here in Canada.
You can't compare US car buying (prices, financing, etc) to Canada as everything is just so much cheaper in the states. 3.25% is not hard to get here on a car loan if you have good credit. I get emails all the time from my credit union for auto loan rates in the 2's

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just a heads up if your vehicle has over 100K miles Carmax will lower your trade in value significantly. Try carvana as well.
Vroom and Shift as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

I am new to this forum and information provided by all was very helpful in my purchase.

My experience is with Costco auto pricing at local dealer in austin

Final price 30556
2019 white limited with moon roof etc option package with extras
Invoice 34006

Went with my own financing since special 0% will increase price by 2250$

Got 29600 $ quote from grand Subaru but local dealer won’t budge on pricing.

They tried selling 6200$ worth of warranty , gap , maintenance plan , key fob and windshield protection and I declined.

Total OTD 32857$

Thanks again to all in this thread
I'm also searching OB in Austin. Could you please share the dealer with me? Thank you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, newish lurker, but have been reading through this thread.

Looking to purchase a 2019 OB 2.5 Limited - Grand quoted me $29,032 w/ popular package #2 with special financing offer.. Have seen a few posts here that quoted around $28,000 mark, wondering if I should press them a bit? I emailed to Faulkner with that quote, have yet to hear back. I live in metro NY, is delivery fee included in that quote? It said destination and delivery included and I asked for clarification, have yet to hear back from Grand as well. Looking for any advice, this thread/forum/members have really been an invaluable resource. Hoping to join the club soon!

·
Premium Member
313 Posts

Looking to purchase a 2019 OB 2.5 Limited - Grand quoted me $29,032 w/ popular package #2 with special financing offer.. Have seen a few posts here that quoted around $28,000 mark, wondering if I should press them a bit? I emailed to Faulkner with that quote, have yet to hear back. I live in metro NY, is delivery fee included in that quote? It said destination and delivery included and I asked for clarification, have yet to hear back from Grand as well. Looking for any advice, this thread/forum/members have really been an invaluable resource. Hoping to join the club soon!
Destination and delivery are to the dealer (i.e., Grand). Delivery to your area in NY from IL is not included in the quote Grand gave you unless it is specifically called out and you indicated in your quote request that you also wanted the car shipped to a different location.

Can't speak to pricing flexibility. The special financing likely adds $1K or more to the price.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Generally, Grand Subaru does not negotiate the price with customers. Compared to the price in July, the current price is indeed about $1000 higher, which is claimed to be due to the change of supply vs demand.

For the "delivery fee", do you mean the cost that they ship the car to your door? If so, the quoted price should have NOT included it yet. MSRP includes destination of delivery for the manufacturer to ship the car to the dealership.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Destination and delivery are to the dealer (i.e., Grand). Delivery to your area in NY from IL is not included in the quote Grand gave you unless it is specifically called out and you indicated in your quote request that you also wanted the car shipped to a different location.

Can't speak to pricing flexibility. The special financing likely adds $1K or more to the price.
Generally, Grand Subaru does not negotiate the price with customers. Compared to the price in July, the current price is indeed about $1000 higher, which is claimed to be due to the change of supply vs demand.

For the "delivery fee", do you mean the cost that they ship the car to your door? If so, the quoted price should have NOT included it yet. MSRP includes destination of delivery for the manufacturer to ship the car to the dealership.
Appreciate the responses. Both correct delivery to my zip is not included in price, Grand Subaru quoted me $900 to metro NY.

I actually have another offer but for. 2.5 Premium with “package 24” which includes navigation and some other options I don’t remember at the moment for $28,000 which is slightly over 16% of the MSRP of $33,133...was wondering if I can do better? Really appreciate the responses, many thanks.

7141 - 7160 of 7226 Posts
About this Discussion
7.2K Replies
2K Participants
Kms7852
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing