Subaru Outback Forums banner

7161 - 7180 of 7226 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up a 2019 Outback 3.6R Touring at Hiley Subaru in Fort Worth - Black exterior, base price was $34,250 @ 1.9% for 72 months. OTD with state sales tax and title fees was $36,900. MSRP was $41,334.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hi, newish lurker, but have been reading through this thread.

Looking to purchase a 2019 OB 2.5 Limited - Grand quoted me $29,032 w/ popular package #2 with special financing offer.. Have seen a few posts here that quoted around $28,000 mark, wondering if I should press them a bit? I emailed to Faulkner with that quote, have yet to hear back. I live in metro NY, is delivery fee included in that quote? It said destination and delivery included and I asked for clarification, have yet to hear back from Grand as well. Looking for any advice, this thread/forum/members have really been an invaluable resource. Hoping to join the club soon!
$28K is probably the cash price. Financing incentive is at least a $1K.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all! Just leased on Friday here in Sherman Oaks, CA (north of Los Angeles) a white 2019 Subaru 3.6R Limited with Navi/Moonroof package + popular package (cargo cover, dimming side mirrors, rear seat back protector, rear bumper guard, all-weather mats and cargo mat, LED dome lights, and splash guard. Original retail price $38,987:

OTD $33,163.00 at $238.25/mo for 36 months and 15,000 miles/year with $5,234.56 down payment.

I also added in the extended warranty to 45,000 miles and acquisition fee: OTD $34,158 at $259.04/month

Residual value: $21,832.72

Is this a good deal? What if I want to buy the car at the end of 36 months, am I still walking away with a bargain?

·
Registered
576 Posts
You don't want to pay $5,000+ initially toward the lease.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been lurking for quite some time and used this thread to help with the purchase of a new vehicle.

2019 Outback Limited 2.5i with Option Package 24 and Popular Package 2. Vehicle price $30200 (financed), MSRP $36837, $31800 OTD.

This thread is great and came in very handy when negotiating with 4 local dealers. I managed to get $1700+ off the best TrueCar price that I received.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Appreciate the responses. Both correct delivery to my zip is not included in price, Grand Subaru quoted me $900 to metro NY.

I actually have another offer but for. 2.5 Premium with “package 24” which includes navigation and some other options I don’t remember at the moment for $28,000 which is slightly over 16% of the MSRP of $33,133...was wondering if I can do better? Really appreciate the responses, many thanks.
So I will give you my 2 cents. I think you need to keep looking as a good deal IMO on a 2019 is at least 20% off MSRP (and you should shoot for 22-23% off MSRP). Faulkner and Grand will compete, so take best quote and go back to the other and ask them to beat it. I had Grand come down over 1k from original quote.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I will give you my 2 cents. I think you need to keep looking as a good deal IMO on a 2019 is at least 20% off MSRP (and you should shoot for 22-23% off MSRP). Faulkner and Grand will compete, so take best quote and go back to the other and ask them to beat it. I had Grand come down over 1k from original quote.
Wish I could've held out for a 22-23% off MSRP. Had to settle for around 16% off MSRP from Faulkner Subaru Bethlehem for a 2019 2.5 Premium w/ Option 15 and Popular Package #2 -

Trim: 2019 2.5 Premium w/ Option 15 (moon, nav, bsd, power lift gate) and Popular Package #2

MSRP: $33,133
Price: $27,656 w/ 0.9% promotional financing through Subaru
OTD: $30,592 (TTL - tax 8.875%)

Don't think I got a great deal compared to ones I see in this thread, looks like the really good deals came in July when the 2020s were expected and dealer stock on 2019 models was pretty high. Now dealer stock seems like it's mostly base 2.5 Premiums, Limited w/ Package 24 and Popular Package #2 or Touring trims, the latter two of which run north of $35,000 MSRP. I did find a base Limited with Popular option #2 that Grand quoted me $29,032 financed price + doc fees, but I don't know how hard I could have pressed to get them to around $28k - they were by far the lowest quote after shopping around a bunch of dealerships. I finally settled on a 2.5 Premium with Option 15 and Popular Package #2 from Faulkner Subaru Bethlehem.

My experience with Faulkner Subaru Bethlehem was a mixed bag - sales staff and finance mangers were friendly and not overly aggressive - but they did run some kind of game when I got there. Including doc fee, a tire fee, and some PA internet registration fee, even though the sales person I was dealing with assured me there would be no other fees except for TTL added to the quoted price of $27,800. I didn't even bother with the other fees but for sure I did tell them that the sales person that I spoke to said no doc fees and had the text conversation as evidence, to which they came back and said that the doc fee is by PA law but will take off the sale price of $27,800, to $27,656 which did lower the tax owed by a bit - and that the sales person I was dealing with no longer worked there. Convenient, but ok, gave them the benefit of the doubt. They did push the extended warranty which did sound nice but I declined and they didn't press any further. Interestingly enough they did mention their Mechanicsburg dealership which they said was the #2 Subaru dealer in PA or in the country - don't remember which. I'm guessing Grand is #1?

Also another interesting note - they had several 2020 Outbacks on the lot, one of which was already sold. The sales person said that while the new 2020 Outbacks are nice - if that center head unit/console doesn't get any power - you can't engage any of the heating and cooling controls since they're all done through the center screen/head unit as opposed to the 2019 and prior years where all the heating and cooling have actual physical controls. He said it was pretty annoying - just an interesting tidbit I thought I'd share.

Sorry for the wall of text - hopefully this helps community out - or at least adds another helpful data point to the list. While a little disappointed at the buying process, happy to be part of the club, the Outback is my first Subaru! I've read this thread almost like gospel, it really helped me out and just wanted to thank all who provided input. Cheers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased Silver Outback 2.5 Limited with Moonroof/Navi + Option 24 pkg - MSRP 36915, was offered $28,638 without 0% APR and 29838 with 0% APR - bought with 0% APR - OTD - 33031 - Bay Area (9% Tax)..super easy deal with Serramonte Subaru - highly recommended

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, not a NEW new purchase, but a certified dealer demo (general manager drove it, not a service loaner...my wife and I are picky as all **** and the car was absolutely mint, still had/has the blue plastic on the metal 'Outback' logo in the front door jams).

Certified 2019 Limited Pkg 24 with Popular Pkg 2 (Cinnamon Brown Pearl) with 4,460 miles...paid $27,750 + $1,295 for the 7 yr /100,000 mile Gold Plus + 6.675% sales tax + license & title fees.

This is our first Subaru, had it a month now and it is already my favorite car I have owned. Being certified it already had the powertrain extended to 7/100K so extending the factory bumper-to-bumper to 7/100K made sense to us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! Do you mind me asking if there was a rebate applied here? I was told that if I apply the rebate " which will bring the car price to about 30700, I can not do low special financing rates cause it's not eligible with the offer.
This was using the cash price rebate from Subaru plus the 500 customer loyalty rebate from SOA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2019 outback 3.6R limited
Crystal White Pearl
Popular package #2

MSRP: $36,915
GRAND SUBARU PRICE : $30,381 minus $500 loyalty coupon = $29,881

Finance with 60 months with .9 % APR with $6,xxx down payment.

I am very please with the whole situation from start to finish with Grand Subaru in Chicago. My sale's lady was very helpful with all my questions. She even reply back during her off day which was awesome. I flew to Chicago with my wife from New Jersey and drove back 14 hours. I never felt something was fishy going on when I was in the dealer. Both sale lady and finance manager was straight forward during the process. It took us 2-3 hours to sign and drive from their lot. BTW, Brianna Bartoli was my sale lady and Don't let negative reviews from here about Grand Subaru steer you off. They have the best price from the entire NJ subaru dealer. I will buy another car from them again.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Does that 22-23% off apply to Premiums as well, with an MSRP around $30-$31k?
That would bring the price down to $23,400 - 24,200.
Yes, that would be a good price!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Are these prices are negotiated with the dealer only, or are there any incentives included here?
What are the current incentives for 2019 Outbacks?

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Yeah, prices seem kinda low. Wish I could get a deal like that ....
Request a quote. Be prepared to get to Chicago to realize it.

@kvargas407 - I'm starting to think that dealers who don't want to compete with Grand are posting here.
Care to add to that comment?

(Lest it be misinterpreted, I have no connection to Grand Subarau, to any other Subarau dealer, or to Subarau in any way except that I bought a Subaru. I have no connections to any business that is affected by car sales, as far as I can tell, other than the fact that own some Ford stock because I bought some awhile ago.)

I did a ton of legwork on trying to buy a Subaru at a low price. I ended up buying at a price I considered aggressively attractive.

I discovered that there are dealers who are very aggressive on price because their business models rest on volume. Grand is one. Heuberger is one. Serramonte is one.

I'm wholeheartedly in favor of working with a local dealer who will take care of a customer; if that's not happening, what is one paying a premium for? If it is happening, why post here to disparage Grand (or any other dealer)?

Looking forward to your response.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, prices seem kinda low. Wish I could get a deal like that ....
Honestly I thought their pricing was crazy too, what people were saying from Grand was 4K lower than what I've been getting elsewhere. So I emailed them saying I heard their pricing for X trim level was around XX,XXX and sure enough they gave me a quote that was about 4K lower than my own negotiations. I had to wait a month for the color/trim I wanted but it showed up with no fishy business involved.

I have no association with them and was a first time customer. Their prices are legit and they give you straight forward pricing all over email.

Oh and yes that 22-23% off did apply to premium trims too, thats actually all I was shopping when I bought mine in July. My quotes for premium trims ranged from 22,700-25,500 depending on which pkg was quoted. This was for a cash price w/o the special financing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Honestly I thought their pricing was crazy too, what people were saying from Grand was 4K lower than what I've been getting elsewhere. So I emailed them saying I heard their pricing for X trim level was around XX,XXX and sure enough they gave me a quote that was about 4K lower than my own negotiations. I had to wait a month for the color/trim I wanted but it showed up with no fishy business involved.

I have no association with them and was a first time customer. Their prices are legit and they give you straight forward pricing all over email.

Oh and yes that 22-23% off did apply to premium trims too, thats actually all I was shopping when I bought mine in July. My quotes for premium trims ranged from 22,700-25,500 depending on which pkg was quoted. This was for a cash price w/o the special financing.
I second that about Grand. Got my Premium from them for 23% off. No fuss no haggles. They delivered exactly what I expected for the price they quoted. Had it delivered. Unfortunately, the Weld Recall came out 2 days after it was delivered and my car was part of it. I got a whole new car for it in an "exchange" which was then handled by my local dealer. And, Subaru of America upgraded me to the Limited for nothing for my "trouble" (yeah, it was a two month wait to get the replacement but still). Talk about initially "unlucky" then finally "lucky"! My local dealer ultimately got the credit for the deal I presume. Local dealer is fine, low pressure and does great business but would I buy my next Subaru from them (and I'm a huge fan of Subaru now)? Not if Grand is still pricing them like they did for my first one!

7161 - 7180 of 7226 Posts
About this Discussion
7.2K Replies
2K Participants
Kms7852
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing