Subaru Outback Forums banner

7181 - 7200 of 7216 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I second that about Grand. Got my Premium from them for 23% off. No fuss no haggles. They delivered exactly what I expected for the price they quoted. Had it delivered. Unfortunately, the Weld Recall came out 2 days after it was delivered and my car was part of it. I got a whole new car for it in an "exchange" which was then handled by my local dealer. And, Subaru of America upgraded me to the Limited for nothing for my "trouble" (yeah, it was a two month wait to get the replacement but still). Talk about initially "unlucky" then finally "lucky"! My local dealer ultimately got the credit for the deal I presume. Local dealer is fine, low pressure and does great business but would I buy my next Subaru from them (and I'm a huge fan of Subaru now)? Not if Grand is still pricing them like they did for my first one!
Thats awesome!!! I remember seeing you post about your situation a few times, I'm glad it all got sorted out nicely and congrats on that upgrade!!! Really nice to see Subaru take care of customers. Hope you're enjoying it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
2019 Outback 2.5i Limited CVT
Exterior: Crystal White Pearl
Interior: Black
Option Package 24
Popular Package #2

MSRP: $36,837
Sold price: $30,388
OTDP: $33,063.66 (for tax, tags/title, and dealer charge)

Date of sale: August 30
Purchase method: Ca$h

Sales manager claimed this was the last 2019 Outback on the lot. He had transferred the vehicle from PA for another buyer, but she never showed up to claim the car. Paperwork does show the recent transfer from another dealer.

We didn’t even need to haggle. Sales manager offered the price upfront and said he wanted it off the lot that day. I’m not an idiot and I knew it was a great price. We had test drove the RAV4 Hybrid and X1 earlier in the day at significantly higher price points with less features than the Outback. It was a no-brainer decision for us.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We had test drove the RAV4 Hybrid and X1 earlier in the day at significantly higher price points with less features than the Outback. It was a no-brained decision for us.
We love our Gen 2 Prius so we test drove the 2019 Rav4 Hybrid while shopping for a new car too. It was decent vehicle, but Toyota's materials in some of their more popular lines seem to be getting cheaper and cheaper. While I like the direction they are going with the Rav4 Hybrid, I was completely underwhelmed with it for the money and it was a no for me as soon as we started the test drive. The Outback was the complete opposite, we went into a Subaru dealer to test drive a Certified used Forester, the Outback wasn't even on our radar as we we figured it was probably more than were looking to spend, but we decided to give it a spin just for gits and shiggles. By the time we left that dealer we were convinced a 2019 was the right vehicle and that it was a bargain for what you get.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We love our Gen 2 Prius so we test drove the 2019 Rav4 Hybrid while shopping for a new car too. It was decent vehicle, but Toyota's materials in some of their more popular lines seem to be getting cheaper and cheaper. While I like the direction they are going with the Rav4 Hybrid, I was completely underwhelmed with it for the money and it was a no for me as soon as we started the test drive. The Outback was the complete opposite, we went into a Subaru dealer to test drive a Certified used Forester, the Outback wasn't even on our radar as we we figured it was probably more than were looking to spend, but we decided to give it a spin just for gits and shiggles. By the time we left that dealer we were convinced a 2019 was the right vehicle and that it was a bargain for what you get.
You are repeating verbatim all the criticisms my wife and I had about the RAV 4 Hybrid. We really wanted the XSE trim line and we were completely underwhelmed by the SensaTek seat material, cheap finishes, and lack of bells/whistles that are fairly standard options in a Subaru. The Outback Limited felt like a luxury car compared to the RAV4 XSE. Further, the XSE and Limited lines of the RAV4 don’t even have automatic seat controls for the passenger! It was a total turn off. That said, I thought the RAV4 Hybrid engine performed great for a hybrid and was quite peppy. The exterior styling on the 2019 is really sharp. But we were just completely underwhelmed by the RAV4’s interior for a $34-37K vehicle. We remarked that Toyota must be making huge profits on the 2019 RAV4.

The 2019 Outback Limited @ $30K was a much better value proposition.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I second that about Grand. Got my Premium from them for 23% off. No fuss no haggles. They delivered exactly what I expected for the price they quoted. Had it delivered. Unfortunately, the Weld Recall came out 2 days after it was delivered and my car was part of it. I got a whole new car for it in an "exchange" which was then handled by my local dealer. And, Subaru of America upgraded me to the Limited for nothing for my "trouble" (yeah, it was a two month wait to get the replacement but still). Talk about initially "unlucky" then finally "lucky"! My local dealer ultimately got the credit for the deal I presume. Local dealer is fine, low pressure and does great business but would I buy my next Subaru from them (and I'm a huge fan of Subaru now)? Not if Grand is still pricing them like they did for my first one!
That's a sweet deal for sure; my quote from them for a 2019 3.6r touring was 15.981% off MSRP with financing, 18.4053% off for cash. Considering my location and the fact I'd have to negotiate a trade-in, doesn't really move the needle for me; it's fair, but not enough to drive up to Chicago as others have :cool:

I'll continue to do battle with some local guys... maybe they're sick of looking at the old 2019s on the lot and I can spring into a deal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does that 22-23% off apply to Premiums as well, with an MSRP around $30-$31k?
That would bring the price down to $23,400 - 24,200.
Yes, that would be a good price!

Flixden if you look back you will discover several people have gotten premiums for the price you are talking about. I got my premium with option 13 for 24,500. Another guy got a base premium from Grand for 23,200 or 23,400. Email both grand and faulkner mechanisburg with what you exactly want and see what they give you. Then go to the other and ask them to beat it. You should get very close to that. I just got mine delivered Monday, its awesome.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You are repeating verbatim all the criticisms my wife and I had about the RAV 4 Hybrid. We really wanted the XSE trim line and we were completely underwhelmed by the SensaTek seat material, cheap finishes, and lack of bells/whistles that are fairly standard options in a Subaru. The Outback Limited felt like a luxury car compared to the RAV4 XSE. Further, the XSE and Limited lines of the RAV4 don’t even have automatic seat controls for the passenger! It was a total turn off. That said, I thought the RAV4 Hybrid engine performed great for a hybrid and was quite peppy. The exterior styling on the 2019 is really sharp. But we were just completely underwhelmed by the RAV4’s interior for a $34-37K vehicle. We remarked that Toyota must be making huge profits on the 2019 RAV4.

The 2019 Outback Limited @ $30K was a much better value proposition.
The Limited is a sweet car. We've been in it now for 2 months (most of which was the loaner and now our replacement). So comfortable inside and a pleasure to drive with great features. I would have preferred the exterior/interior that you got (White/Black) but my wife was against it. I love the Grey/Grey but the White is sharp!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone recently purchased New 3.6 Limited or Touring in or around Seattle area could post their MSRP/Invoice/Purchase/OTD price, that would be really helpful

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought a 2.5 limited + option 24 + popular package 2 today from Capital Subaru, Bay Area, $289xx before TTL. Serramonte ran out of supply

·
Registered
44 Posts
2019 outback 3.6R limited
Crystal White Pearl
Popular package #2

MSRP: $36,915
GRAND SUBARU PRICE : $30,381 minus $500 loyalty coupon = $29,881

Finance with 60 months with .9 % APR with $6,xxx down payment.

I am very please with the whole situation from start to finish with Grand Subaru in Chicago. My sale's lady was very helpful with all my questions. She even reply back during her off day which was awesome. I flew to Chicago with my wife from New Jersey and drove back 14 hours. I never felt something was fishy going on when I was in the dealer. Both sale lady and finance manager was straight forward during the process. It took us 2-3 hours to sign and drive from their lot. BTW, Brianna Bartoli was my sale lady and Don't let negative reviews from here about Grand Subaru steer you off. They have the best price from the entire NJ subaru dealer. I will buy another car from them again.
Your experience was exactly my experience. I purchased the 2019 3.6 Limited with the nice packages and was quote $30K and some change. I later added the $500 coupon. Bought a delta ticket, got a Lyft to the dealer, signed the papers and drove 14 hours home. Their price was $4500 less than the best offer I could get in Atlanta.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bought a 2.5 limited + option 24 + popular package 2 today from Capital Subaru, Bay Area, $289xx before TTL. Serramonte ran out of supply
Cool - good deal..Capital sales guys for me did not work out - they were super arrogant and did not even want to show me the car with the color i wanted

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just gave an offer for the 3.6 Touring from Grand:
MSRP of $40,896
sale price for finance would be $34,411 or $33411 if you pay cash.

Do you guys this would be a good deal? This is the probably the last car they have.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Just gave an offer for the 3.6 Touring from Grand:
MSRP of $40,896
sale price for finance would be $34,411 or $33411 if you pay cash.

Do you guys this would be a good deal? This is the probably the last car they have.

Thanks!
I'd say so.... I didn't get quite as good a deal, but I got them to come up on the trade quite a bit (more than selling it).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, I don't think it is going to get any better deal wise and the inventory is very slim.
Yes, I have quoted neighbourhood and there are not much left. I was plate color nning to buy the 3.6 Limited, but my favorite color run out at Grand. They only have the blue one. The price is good too, 31000$ cash price.

Thanks for your comment!

7181 - 7200 of 7216 Posts
About this Discussion
7.2K Replies
2K Participants
shikudo
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing