Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
7241 - 7260 of 7297 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought today (almost end of quarter) in the Bay Area California:

Note: of the ~7 dealers I worked with in the Bay Area, there were probably 15 total Outback Limited 2.5s available. Inventory here is extremely limited.

2019 Outback Limited 2.5
Option Package #24
Protection Package #1
$36,831 sticker price
$29,995 negotiated price before TTL
Includes 0% financing deal

Separately, got a 10 year 100k warranty w/$100 deductible
$2,9XX sticker price
$1,800 negotiated price (warranty doesn't get taxed)

There was a $750 LoJack fee that wasn't on the sticker but magically appeared on the final sheet. Honestly I should have pushed harder to get it removed. They mentioned the LoJack could NOT be removed but I should have negotiated the overall price down by $750 as it was not on the sticker. Be ready for things like this if they come up. I was too weak, they won this round.

Overall happy with the purchase, no other dealer had the color I wanted and would come within $1k in pricing. I suppose if my car ever gets stolen (highly doubt it) I'll be happy about the LoJack. I already have an anti theft discount on my car insurance so no benefit there for me. Still happy.

·
Registered
78 Posts

Note: of the ~7 dealers I worked with in the Bay Area, there were probably 15 total Outback Limited 2.5s available. Inventory here is extremely limited.

2019 Outback Limited 2.5
Option Package #24
Protection Package #1
$36,831 sticker price

$2,9XX sticker price

There was a $750 LoJack fee that wasn't on the sticker but magically appeared on the final sheet. Honestly I should have pushed harder to get it removed. They mentioned the LoJack could NOT be removed but I should have negotiated the overall price down by $750 as it was not on the sticker. Be ready for things like this if they come up. I was too weak, they won this round.

Overall happy with the purchase, no other dealer had the color I wanted and would come within $1k in pricing. I suppose if my car ever gets stolen (highly doubt it) I'll be happy about the LoJack. I already have an anti theft discount on my car insurance so no benefit there for me. Still happy.
Lojack thing is scam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Several Outbacks, Mercedes G500, 96 993Cab, 88 911 Targa
63 Posts
Decided to buy one of the last 2019 3.6r Outbacks since not a big fan of turbo fours and lots of bugs so far with 2020.
On our 4th outback in 3 years and many miles behind us. Hope this helps someone. Located in chicago.

2019 touring 3.6
New 10 miles

MSRP 41171

Cash price 32607
Subaru Loyalty voucher 750
Subaru ambassador voucher 500
Net price 31357

·
Registered
63 Posts

2019 Outback Limited 2.5
Option Package #24
Protection Package #1
$36,831 sticker price

$2,9XX sticker price

I would go back and get your 750.00 for the LoJack scam. Totally rip off. I think Subaru can locate your car with their software and if it gets stolen do you really want it back? No. Go demand your money. Sorry they did that to you. Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for the encouragement!!

I actually just went back to the dealer. This whole thing was really weighing on me - I didn't sleep well last night at all and I suspect there'd always be a hint of regret down the road.

My game plan was actually not to remove the LoJack. I assumed since I already drove off the lot it was a lost cause. I'm honestly not a strong personality so it'd be hard for me to come in strong with (valid) demands. I just wanted the opportunity to apply the LoJack funds towards something else - accessories, extended plans, whatever.

To my surprise they worked with me on a deal. They took the money paid for the LoJack and gave me a prepaid maintenance plan of equal value. I got to keep the LoJack.

I know in the end it's not a complete vindication but I'm happy I took that extra step and got something of value from it. Kudos to the dealer - they didn't have to do anything extra for me but they worked something out. I think the finance guy might even have been happy to get an extra bump in his prepaid maintenance quota attainment too. Everyone is happy.

Overall I feel like I can finally exhale and enjoy my Subaru for what it is - an excellent Tahoe vehicle!!

·
Registered
Outback Limited 2020 Red (former 2015)
76 Posts
Decided to buy one of the last 2019 3.6r Outbacks since not a big fan of turbo fours and lots of bugs so far with 2020.
On our 4th outback in 3 years and many miles behind us. Hope this helps someone. Located in chicago.

2019 touring 3.6
New 10 miles

MSRP 41171

Cash price 32607
Subaru Loyalty voucher 750
Subaru ambassador voucher 500
Net price 31357
I’m curious about your claim that “there are lots of bugs already with the 2020’s”. They just hit dealers in mid-Sep as the first Gen 6’s. Where are you getting your info?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’m curious about your claim that “there are lots of bugs already with the 2020’s”. They just hit dealers in mid-Sep as the first Gen 6’s. Where are you getting your info?
By reading this forum and on the internets! And the service manager at dealer who I spoke with (I do all own scheduled maintenance, however)

All 2020 Outbacks have already been recalled for a faulty or completely missing brake bolt. The trunk button is falling into the hatch housing, the non-response from the hvac touch screen fan controls, seat heat controls and other inside touch screen that must be accessed without a traditional button. Separation tears in the new imitation leather on the onyx. Scoopless hood Intercooler intake a bug magnet. The new ‘global’ chassis is much harsher over city potholes, bumps, and less compliant than gen 5.
What sealed the deal on our third 3.6r purchase however was that a normally aspirated engine has much greater longevity than a hotter running turbo four. They didn’t go the 2.4 turbo because it better. It just gets marginally better mileage which is necessary for govt standards. And many ascent owners are not seeing the claimed mpg claims. Same reason they use 0/20 thin oil in the gen 5 four banger -less protection and fractionally better mpg
Planning to keep this last of the flat-6s for a long time. Get them while they are still available because the only other six boxer you can now by in the US is made by Porsche. We have two of them as well.
Generally not a good idea to by any 1st year model. Just ask the engineers working on the 2020 corvette!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you guys know how long it takes for Consumer Reports to add a new year's car to their reports? There's no report on 2020 Outback yet. I do realize this is a bit offtopic out of context..... so:

I am actually shopping around for an Outback as well. 2019 are almost all gone, so I'm having to look at 2020's. Contacted 30 dealerships and now filtering through the quotes... This thread has been incredibly helpful so I want to thank everyone for posting about their experience. I'll be doing the same once the madness is over. Anyhow I too have a small concern as the poster above regarding the new models, that's why the question.

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6 Touring, for my lovely wife.
41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in MA too, just bought '19 outback limited, msrp 36.4K, got it for 17.6% off msrp so just under 6.5K off.
That's the best I could do. Don't qualify for military or college grad incentives.
That also did NOT include subaru 0% financing, financed half thru dealer but at 2.9% so good rate.
Inventory getting low so I doubt you'll get 23% off, especially in north east, maybe those 23% off were from southwest, might have better dealer incentives since AWD not as in demand there.
This is what I paid in August from Quirk. Man is it tough in the Northeast to get numbers as low as people are getting elsewhere. I really wanted a 3.6 but I sit in an hour of traffic each way and it just didn't make sense. I'm loving the car though!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
First post! This thread was super helpful during my search so here's my contribution.

Just purchased a 2019 3.6R Limited with Option #24 for $31.0k list, $34.2k OTD and $38.5k MSRP.

What kind of mileage is everyone seeing for cars that have been on the lot this long?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello All,
Need some help :
Here is a windows sticker of 2019 3.6 R Touring that I am looking to buy.
My Questions :
  1. Do you see any additional package to be added on top of this?
  2. MSRP is $40896. Invoice is $37971. Dealership is offering $2500 less than invoice which is $35471. So the out of door is $39845 @ 0.9% financing for 60 months? is it good deal to take it?
  3. If i spend that much money, I can't add any extended warranty right now. Can I buy it later?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium / 2020 2.5i Premium / 2021 Rav4 Prime / 2012 F150 ecoboost
2,683 Posts
Hello All,
Need some help :
My Questions :
  2. MSRP is $40896. Invoice is $37971. Dealership is offering $2500 less than invoice which is $35471. So the out of door is $39845 @ 0.9% financing for 60 months? is it good deal to take it?
  3. If i spend that much money, I can't add any extended warranty right now. Can I buy it later?
Thanks in advance!
View attachment 471928
It's about 13% off MSRP. Not a great deal for the old model IMO. You can probably get close to 10% off a 2020 if you try hard enough.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello All,
Need some help :
My Questions :
Thanks in advance!
View attachment 471928
How about giving them a counter-off of $35471 out-the-door (which includes tax, titling & licensing, and dealer fees)? Then, leave your phone number and wait&see. I got an 2019 OB 3.6R Limited @ $32960 out-the-door about a month ago.

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6 Touring, for my lovely wife.
41 Posts
Why not just fly one way into Chicago and pick one up and drive home, make it a weekend adventure.

Should be a couple of 3.6’s left at Grand Subaru.

7241 - 7260 of 7297 Posts