Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Outback 2.5L, 2005 Outback XT Limited
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve always wanted them and didn’t do much research. I bought gorilla mud flaps and while waiting for them to ship I did some browsing to find they are just rokblokz without a logo. I wasn’t too concerned as I didn’t really want a logo on them anyway.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Here they are mocked up in comparison to the factory ones.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

did the fronts on the ground by just turning the wheels to have access.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Had to take the rear wheels off to access the rear flap.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Sky

Sky Automotive tail & brake light Cloud Automotive carrying rack Vehicle

I actually like the look a lot. Install was easy. Predrilled from rokblokz. the hardest part is getting the new clips on the fender liner from the gorilla hardware kit.

if you’re on the fence about buying mud flaps. Just do it.

·
Premium Member
2008 Outback 3.0R L.L. Bean
271 Posts
Out of curiosity, why did you remove the original mud flaps instead of installing them on top of the original mud flaps?

Either way it looks great! I never heard of that brand. I only know of Rally Armor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Out of curiosity, why did you remove the original mud flaps instead of installing them on top of the original mud flaps?

Either way it looks great! I never heard of that brand. I only know of Rally Armor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s pretty standard to remove the factory ones I believe. Unless you like the look of them stacked up. I wasn’t feeling it stacked up but I think it would work to install over the other ones if someone wanted to.

·
Registered
2000 OB, 2015 Forester
50 Posts
I'm about ready to install mud flaps on our 2022 Touring. The dealer loaded the vehicle with many accessories that I wouldn't have selected if I ordered a new Touring including the absolutely useless "Splash Guards". Subaru used to offer a longer molded mud flap but now only offers a flat vinyl flap. I've tried after market vinyl flaps before and found that they tend to curl back after a few trips at highway speeds.
I just received a pair of Weathertech molded mud flaps to replace the splash guards. I suspect that I will want the new mud flaps to be a little longer and, if necessary, I plan to add a section from a universal rubber mud flap to the bottom. I don't do any off roading so I'm not concerned of tearing them off in rough terrain. I just want protection for the vehicles body. I determine the mud flap spacing, from the ground, by running a string from under the tire to under the bumper cover and lowering approx. 1/2" extra to the measurement to account for the flex at speed. I'll follow up with pictures.
Next will be the front where I may be able to extend the splash guards.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm about ready to install mud flaps on our 2022 Touring. The dealer loaded the vehicle with many accessories that I wouldn't have selected if I ordered a new Touring including the absolutely useless "Splash Guards". Subaru used to offer a longer molded mud flap but now only offers a flat vinyl flap. I've tried after market vinyl flaps before and found that they tend to curl back after a few trips at highway speeds.
I just received a pair of Weathertech molded mud flaps to replace the splash guards. I suspect that I will want the new mud flaps to be a little longer and, if necessary, I plan to add a section from a universal rubber mud flap to the bottom. I don't do any off roading so I'm not concerned of tearing them off in rough terrain. I just want protection for the vehicles body. I determine the mud flap spacing, from the ground, by running a string from under the tire to under the bumper cover and lowering approx. 1/2" extra to the measurement to account for the flex at speed. I'll follow up with pictures.
Next will be the front where I may be able to extent the splash guards.
I did see people getting weather tech ones while research on here a little bit. I don’t know if they offer any for my 05. I got mine strictly for function. I like to keep it clean but also do a lot of “off roading” and hate cleaning it. These ones seem pretty thick if I had to guess 7-8mm. They aren’t floppy so we’ll see how well they keep their shape.

·
Registered
2009 Outback 2.5i Limited 4AT w/ VDC
64 Posts
I put some flaps on a while ago. They are rally armors which were pricey but they installed with ease. I really like them. They keep the worst of the dirt and slush off of the body. I put new tires on it since these pictures which look much better than the cheapies I took off.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2000 OB, 2015 Forester
50 Posts
Follow up on modified Weathertech mud flaps. I extended them with some generic rubber flaps I purchased on Ebay.
Gas Bumper Auto part Wood Machine
Gas Bumper Auto part Wood Machine
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tire Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

The first picture is the front mud flaps before install showing mod.
The second picture is left rear after install, modified similar to fronts.
Third and fourth picture is rear and front as the vehicle sets on the ground.
First picture is duplicated by mistake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts