Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 OB, 2015 Forester
50 Posts
I'm about ready to install mud flaps on our 2022 Touring. The dealer loaded the vehicle with many accessories that I wouldn't have selected if I ordered a new Touring including the absolutely useless "Splash Guards". Subaru used to offer a longer molded mud flap but now only offers a flat vinyl flap. I've tried after market vinyl flaps before and found that they tend to curl back after a few trips at highway speeds.
I just received a pair of Weathertech molded mud flaps to replace the splash guards. I suspect that I will want the new mud flaps to be a little longer and, if necessary, I plan to add a section from a universal rubber mud flap to the bottom. I don't do any off roading so I'm not concerned of tearing them off in rough terrain. I just want protection for the vehicles body. I determine the mud flap spacing, from the ground, by running a string from under the tire to under the bumper cover and lowering approx. 1/2" extra to the measurement to account for the flex at speed. I'll follow up with pictures.
Next will be the front where I may be able to extend the splash guards.

·
Registered
2000 OB, 2015 Forester
50 Posts
Follow up on modified Weathertech mud flaps. I extended them with some generic rubber flaps I purchased on Ebay.
Gas Bumper Auto part Wood Machine
Gas Bumper Auto part Wood Machine
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tire Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

The first picture is the front mud flaps before install showing mod.
The second picture is left rear after install, modified similar to fronts.
Third and fourth picture is rear and front as the vehicle sets on the ground.
First picture is duplicated by mistake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts