Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I've got an '03 Outback in need of some exhaust work. I need to replace both flanges that connect the muffler pipe and mid-pipe as well as the flange on the cat pipe that connects to the mid pipe....I'll welding on some new flanges from Napa..

My current muffler also has that annoying whistling sound, I constantly hear on acceleration and deceleration and it gets really loud when I drive it at 100km/hr on the highway...

So can anyone recommend a good replacement muffler (specifically w/ part#) to weld on to existing muffler pipe or just bolt on to the mid-pipe...? :D

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,325 Posts
On my previous Fords I was pleased with Magnaflow for quality/price.

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a specific Magnaflow muffler you'd recommend?

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,325 Posts
That'd be hard to say, I still have the factory one on Kaylee.

A decent muffler/exhaust shop will likely let you "try" a few to see if you like the sound on your car. Should run from free to a few bucks for their time, popping a muffler on and off doesn't take extremely long. That's how I decided on the Magnaflow on my old Thunderbird. Gave me the soft, deep V8 rumble I was looking for without the insane drone I got from the Flowmasters.

·
Registered
2008 Ford Escape XLS - 2002 Subaru Outback
246 Posts
A OBX Forza muffler will be my next purcahse for my Outback. $45 bucks and I love the sound on stock exhausts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts