Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I need to replace the Multi-Information Display (MID) in my 05 OBW 2.5i (base MT). Mine is physically broken (not just bad solder) and cannot be fixed.

In my hunt of the least expensive replacement I'm seeing a variety of part numbers for the MID in the 3rd gen. legacy/outbacks throughout the years.

Can I use any MID from a 3rd gen. legacy/outback or does the replacement have to be the exact same part number (i.e. 85201AG020 versus 85201AG060)?

I see MID's as low as $35 from a junkyard from a 05 legacy and as high as $139.99 for a new exact part number replacement.

-Peace

·
Registered
16,294 Posts
I believe there's a difference in the control buttons on the MID between the earlier 3rd gen (e.g. 2005) and later (e.g. my 2007). Whether this difference affects interchangeability or not I don't know, but it might be why there's different part numbers.

For comparison, on my 07, there's a DISP button to the left, which changes what parameter (mpg, etc) is being displayed, and on the right there's 3 buttons for the clock ("+", "-" and SET).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Saint J VT
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing