Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to tint my windows. My state law is 70% for cars. For Trucks & Multi-Purpose Passenger Vehicles the law is 70% and no requirement behind the driver seat.

It reads ...For the purpose of this fact sheet, multi-purpose passenger vehicles are defined as those which are built on a truck chassis or are specifically designed for occasional off-road use.

Is the Outback made for occasional off-road use ?

I'm not looking for a ok here to tint my windows , rather info on the what the Outback was built for.

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm going with this info......

The redesigned 2005 Outback is now a truck, at least in the eyes of the government's classification bureaucrats. Categorized as a "multipurpose passenger vehicle," the new Outback can legitimately be called an S.U.V. But the Legacy, which is still the basis for the Outback, is still classified as a car."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/24/automobiles/24AUTO.html?_r=1

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Your local police will probably view your car ie outback as a car. And the tighter budgets get the more likely they will target people who think tinting windows to the point of others not being able to make eye contact with the driver is a smart idea.

Just saying

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did 35 on the front and 20 on the back. I just did the one side and pulled it out of the garage to see how it looks.

·
Registered
847 Posts
It reads ...For the purpose of this fact sheet, multi-purpose passenger vehicles are defined as those which are built on a truck chassis or are specifically designed for occasional off-road use.
Well, the answer is no to both - it's just a lifted unibody wagon - but since it is a vague law, you definitely need to contact a local police office and ask.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your right the law is vague. I will ask to be sure.

I was looking at some photos of a locale tint shop. Looks like they do the locale police vehicles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Blue-Do
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing