Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently in the mountains were the temperature was recorded at a low of -17 F. Started my car without any issues, drove a few miles then stopped for breakfast. When I returned to the car I noticed the key fob would no longer operate any of the door locks. Once I started the car I noticed the multifunction display was no longer working either. When I returned home I tried a different key fob. That one also didn't work. I'm guessing it's a car issue and not a key battery issue. Are the display and key fob electronics related? Or is it coincidence they both went out at the same time? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Are the display and key fob electronics related?
They might be, but that could depend on the car year, model, engine, transmission, so some details about the car might be helpful.

Also, when you refer to the "multifunction display" do you mean the panel that indicates fuel consumption, elapsed time, miles to empty, outside temp, and has the clock, or something else?

Armed with more information, we can see if there is something common such as a fuse.

·
Registered
'10 Outback 2.5 CVT
7 Posts
This exact scenario (cold temps/snow driving, sudden loss of those electrical elements) just happened to me. Check this other thread:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...ob-auto-off-headlight-sensor-not-working.html

I called my dealer yesterday and he said the issue is caused by the puddle lights and will be adressed by the coming recall. My first thought was, "GREAT! They'll pay for it!" Unfortunately, they are unable to fix it until after the official recall is issued and they receive instructions and parts. Looks like I'll be locking my car manually with the key for atleast another month.

·
Registered
2010 Outback
1 Posts
Just ran into a similar problem today - multifunction display, puddle lights and remote entry all stopped. The fuse panel map shows nothing related to any of the non-working functions.
I pulled fuses 8 and 34 as suggested in other threads, Can anyone verify whether this is a fuse or recall issue?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2010 Outback is having the same problem. Replacing fuses did not work, Subaru replaced the Body Control Panel and that did not fix it. They are going into Day 4 looking for the electrical issues.

Did you eventually find the cause of the short circuit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts