Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT, 2007 Outback 2.5
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm starting to think that a reasonable amount of my dislike of the infotainment is actually the bugginess of the Amazon Music app. What is everyone using and liking for music between Amazon, Apple Music and Spotify. Don't say Pandora because that serves a different purpose for me and doesn't replace one of the other three. What works well with the 2020 infotainment and Carplay?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
178 Posts
I have a Spotify Family account. Love it anf it works well with android auto. I also recently converted my Google Play music, a majority of which I uploaded, to YouTube Music and that seems to be working well so far as well.

·
Registered
2020 Outback L 2.5 greenie / tan (formerly 2014 Outback 2.5i P 6MT)
296 Posts
I use Apple Music, it's $10/month. Some music sounds pretty good on it, some sounds very bad, so at best it's capable of attaining reasonably good fidelity. I don't like Apple's refusal to do hi-res (for me that means 24-bit lossless), and their excuses for not doing so. They have almost any title I've ever looked for, including some pretty obscure stuff, and they've had the "expanded editions" of some things such as Beatles white album and Abbey Road - not bad for $10. The user-interface isn't anything great, but I haven't encountered anything that I'd call a bug.

·
Registered
2020 Legacy Touring XT
45 Posts
I have a Spotify Family account. Love it anf it works well with android auto. I also recently converted my Google Play music, a majority of which I uploaded, to YouTube Music and that seems to be working well so far as well.
I also use Spotify family account. Have for many years and love it. Use it while working from home as well as while driving.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
spotify. Been using it for years... I haven't tested the limits recently for downloaded (cached) songs. Last test it stops around 50,000... I would cache a LOT of playlists (including my own) for offline use when driving. Have only had minor problems with the app in the past (one update it deleted all the cached files from all my devices, that was annoying). On the iphone, the downloading of the music locally doesn't work unless the app is in the foreground and the screen unlocked (that's annoying, I have to stare at the app while it updates if there are a lot of them).

I use amazon sometimes, but not in the car.

·
Registered
'20 Outback Premium, '17 Golf
30 Posts
I use YouTube Music (YTM) as I get it for free (I pay for a family plan so my mom can use Youtube ad-free). Guess it's not free then but. I would say it works fine with the OB and fine with our Golf. I prefer Spotify, but again I already get YTM. I use Android Auto but I have found music works fine. I feel all the music services through AA seem about the same. Have used Spotify, Apple and YTM at different times with the Golf.

What issues are you having with music playing via Carplay?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts