Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While using my phone through the cars Bluetooth the navigation system continues o prompt turns. The other caller can here this, how do I set the navigation to mute while the phone is engaged.

I drive a 2013 Outback.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
You have to stop the vehicle and "mute" it from the NAV menu - you cannot do anything while the car is in motion!
Your heading should read: mute the NAV while on the phone - you have it the other way around...I think ... maybe I am wrong....

·
Registered
2012 4LT Centennial Edition Grand Sport Corvette convertible
494 Posts
You should be able to suspend the Navigation from the touch screen. I haven't used the Nav yet, have only had the car a little over a week, but I have read all of the manuals cover-to-cover.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
BadAV
I know you can "suspend" (switch) the screen display but I am not sure if you can "suspend" (mute) the NAV audio ... I haven't encountered such scenario yet....the question remains: does he want to mute the phone (as indicated in his heading) or mute the NAV (as indicated in the text)....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Greetings: are the Nokya bulbs something the Dealer can do... do they stock them? BTW, I think he wants to mute the NAV so it does not interfere with the call.

Thank you,

·
Registered
2012 4LT Centennial Edition Grand Sport Corvette convertible
494 Posts
BadAV
I know you can "suspend" (switch) the screen display but I am not sure if you can "suspend" (mute) the NAV audio ... I haven't encountered such scenario yet....the question remains: does he want to mute the phone (as indicated in his heading) or mute the NAV (as indicated in the text)....

I'm pretty sure, from what I read, that one of the functions available while you are driving is to temporarily suspend the route Navigation, which also suspends the route call-out. I know I can do this on the navigation in our Enclave, and on the portable Garmin nuvi 205 I have in the Avalanche.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mute nav voice

Yes I am trying to mute navigation voice while on phone. I can set it while parked as a permanent option but I don't see where it is. Can you point me to the spot on the nav system please?

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
Greetings: are the Nokya bulbs something the Dealer can do... do they stock them? BTW, I think he wants to mute the NAV so it does not interfere with the call.

Thank you,
Nokya bulbs are typically not in dealer's stock nor do they order those as they are non-OEM bulbs...however, some dealers may install them although I am not sure, if they would do it on a car that is still under warranty

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up my 2015 Outback Lmtd last week and also find that not being able to mute the voice on the nav/direction very annoying. I applaud the quietness of the cabin but when I am traveling with a passenger and need the nav I prefer to use the visual and the voice muted. My $99 Garmin has that function (voice muting) and I just assumed that for the price of nav on the Outback it would also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts