Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, wanted to share pics. I have a '04 Woodland Green Pearl (4EAT). It came with the OEM 6 disc changer and upgraded sound package, rubber mats, etc and I added the autodim mirror and OEM trailor hitch.

I have also added a stock 20mm WRX sedan rear sway bar, Whiteline solid endlinks, K&N filter, and a custom 2.25" catback with the stock WRX muffler. I had a PDM racing intake but removed it recently cuz I felt like I was losing some low end torque, which is important to me with the climb i make everyday. The stock RE92s were recently replaced by H rated Nokian WRs whose PSI have been bumped up slightly over the Subaru recomended pressures. Since these photos were taken I also have added XM roady, the OEM bug deflector and an MOMO AT shift knob. We also have a '99 Legacy L wagon my wife drives.

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

More of the interior stuff and new tires to follow next week...

Attachments

·
I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
212 Posts
Nice!

I almost got green, but the blue won me over!

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Blue Ridge, very nice! But take that ugly dealer sticker off the rear hatch. Green is almost more rare than my Sedona Red Pearl here in the Omaha area. Nice disc brakes in the rear:drool: Brian

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably right, Brian. I took the Outback Sport and multiple AWD stickers off first but neglected the free dealership advertising. I need to get on that.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Yeah, I took everything off except the 'Outback' logo- I believe there are two holes it sticks into. Brian

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback 2005 Ford Ranger
350 Posts
Nice car. I agree, green is a pretty rare color on the new OBS's. Looks good though! I just looked at HVLWNC's blue OBS and thought that was my fav color on the OBS... now I don't know. :D

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
injecktilo, apparently you have not seen my Sedona Red Pearl OBS lately:4: Do you need a refresher? JK I originally had my eye on a green one back in '02 when I bought mine. To be honest, all OBS are rare here where I live in Nebraska. Maybe I'll see one or two a week, no kidding. It is good to see other OBS owners out there besides all WRX wagons, WRX wagons are everywhere now. Brian

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
5,122 Posts
Very cool, I love Subaru's green colors. And yes green is very rare nowadays on USDM Subarus. Although I'd have to say that green is my fav color on the OBS, I don't think I'll ever own another green car again. Thats all I ever wanted was a green car and I bought a 2001 Civic, bright green and that thing was a bia-bia to keep clean. IMO Black and Green cars are the best looking car colors when they're clear, but its hard keeping them that way.

I think for a new OBS I'd get silver because it complements the two-tone color very well.

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback 2005 Ford Ranger
350 Posts
bheinz57 said:
injecktilo, apparently you have not seen my Sedona Red Pearl OBS lately:4: Do you need a refresher? JK I originally had my eye on a green one back in '02 when I bought mine. To be honest, all OBS are rare here where I live in Nebraska. Maybe I'll see one or two a week, no kidding. It is good to see other OBS owners out there besides all WRX wagons, WRX wagons are everywhere now. Brian
It's funny you mention your sedona red OBS. As I was typing my reply to this post I actualy thought of how much I liked your car as well. Maybe it has nothing to do with color... maybe I just really like Outback Sports. :D

·
I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
212 Posts
injektilo is right! all OBS colors look good!

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They do all look good. Nice to see other '04 OBS owners. I think I have only seen 1 in person since I got mine in July. I sort of like having a car not many people have. Even the 03 seems pretty few and far between around here.

This past weekend we went xcountry skiiing in WV for a couple of days. On Friday there were about 20 cars in the lot at the touring center and 8 of them were Subarus and one was an older model OBS!!!!!!!

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
More...w/ shift knob and bug guard on.

Oh, and it was tinted last week. 35% all around and a sun strip in front.

In Shenandoah NP

Both and the Legacy L

·
I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
212 Posts
Blue Ridge OBS said:
They do all look good. Nice to see other '04 OBS owners. I think I have only seen 1 in person since I got mine in July. I sort of like having a car not many people have. Even the 03 seems pretty few and far between around here.

This past weekend we went xcountry skiiing in WV for a couple of days. On Friday there were about 20 cars in the lot at the touring center and 8 of them were Subarus and one was an older model OBS!!!!!!!
I prefer having a more unique car. easier to find in a parking lot, among other things.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
hvlwnc, the OBS is looking very nice. Nice knob, is that the Momo one? I need a digital camera for nice pics like yours. Keep on keepin' on. Brian

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Great looking car, nice scenery too :D I am kinda jealous that we can't get the OBS here to be honest. What engine/transmission options are there? Can you guys get the WRX in the same body as that?

·
Registered
MY99 3rd Gen Outback GX, 2004 Lexus RX330 Sport Luxury
242 Posts
Jondalar said:
I am kinda jealous that we can't get the OBS here to be honest. What engine/transmission options are there?

We do, it's called the Impreza RV. The US spec Impreza hatches (or Outback Sports) have the option of the EJ25 2.5.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts