Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Copy/Pasted:

Alright guys for those of you who have been wondering what suspension changes have been made.

Front Swaybar:
Has been increased to 26mm, was 23mm (legacy) and 24mm (outback)

Front Strut:
The damping force has been altered to improve the feeling of handling stability and driving comfort.

Front Suspension Bracket:
To improve the driving comfort, the front suspension bracket lower trim line, and the front suspension bracket upper thickness have been modified from 2.6mm to 3.2mm.

Rear Swaybar:
Is 16mm, was 16mm (legacy) and 15mm (outback).

Rear Subframe:
To improve handling stability and driving comfort and to reduce vibration and noise, we increased the spring constant in vertical direction for the bushing.

Rear Axle Housing:
To improve handling stability and driving comfort and to reduce vibration and noise, we increased the spring constant for the springs in front of and behind the trailing link rear bushing.

Rear Shock Absorber:
  • The damping force has been altered to improve the feeling of handling stability and driving comfort.
  • To reduce the risk of danger, the damper stroke has been extended 5 — 10 mm (0.197 — 0.394 in).
  • To improve handling stability and driving comfort and to reduce the risk of danger, the rubber mounts have been given more hardness.
Steering Column:
To reduce steering vibration, the inner shaft holding structure has been modified. A dynamic damper for the column has also been added.

Also its worth noting a change that was done for the 2012 MY
Rear Lateral Link:
Pillow ball bushing has been adopted on the outer side of the rear lateral link.
<!-- / message -->

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Thanks for posting that link! Good info. Does anyone know the stock front sway bar measurement on the 2010-12? I would go measure mine but I parked the OB in the storage unit this weekend to swap out for the 911. :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for posting that link! Good info. Does anyone know the stock front sway bar measurement on the 2010-12? I would go measure mine but I parked the OB in the storage unit this weekend to swap out for the 911. :D
It says above it wass 24mm for the outback.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
It says above it wass 24mm for the outback.

Oh I see, guess I read it too fast!

Time to look at buying at 2013 front sway bar!! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I curious how many of the updates can be retroactively applied to older models like my 2010 outback.
I'm thinking of 2013 shocks and springs

·
Registered
532 Posts
I guess the springs, shocks, and sway bars would swap right in.
But like duckboy I'm shopping for upgrades to the '13....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
KSKarl
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing