Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wanted to share my thoughts on my first Subaru. First, I want to thank Hueberger Subaru for a great buying experience. Intended to buy from Shortline, however I sent a couple emails with additional questions and never got a response, so I moved on.

I flew from Louisville, KY to Denver CO and my sales rep picked me up at the airport at 730AM. He was on time and great to deal with throughout the process. Adam Stent is his name in case anyone wants a great deal. They were 1700 lower than other dealers in my local area. After expenses, I still netted about $1400 savings. I have family in OK so I made a trip out of it.

I kept track of mileage so I could share with you all.

Dealer filled up car before I left. All figures are hand calculated, not using computer mpg gauge

127 miles, 3.48 gal = 36.49 mpg
253 miles, 7.5 gal=33.7 mpg filled up on hill
221 miles, 7.1 gal=31.12, computer showed 33.80
254 miles, 7.5 gal=33.86, computer showed 31.9
160 miles, 4.9 gal=32.65, computer showed 31.8
376 miles, 12.1 gal=31.07 computer showed 30.1

Total miles 1391, 42.58 gal=32.66 mpg

About 200 miles of the total was city driving, rest was highway doing 65-75, avg prob 70mph

Driving experience was great. Handling and seat comfort was great. Some road noise, but on par with other cars I have drove and nothing annoying. Eyesight was great during some heavy traffic and some that was stop and go. LED headlights are best headlights I have ever seen. Auto hi beams were a nice feature on some rural Oklahoma roads I traveled.

So far my only complaint is the horn. It sucks....so puny...embarrassed to use it. LOL. Thats how great the car is...the only real complaint I can find is the horn. Most of the tech features are pretty intuitive and I easily figured them out. The tire pressure gauges was set to KPA instead of PSI for some reason. I had to dig in manual to figure out how to switch it. Other than that everything else was easy.

I hope my Outback is as dependable as my VW's and Toyota's I have owned. If it is, I have found my new brand. Hope this info helps anyone thinking about buying a Subaru.

·
Registered
2010/2016 outback
1,032 Posts
Wanted to share my thoughts on my first Subaru. First, I want to thank Hueberger Subaru for a great buying experience. Intended to buy from Shortline, however I sent a couple emails with additional questions and never got a response, so I moved on.

I flew from Louisville, KY to Denver CO and my sales rep picked me up at the airport at 730AM. He was on time and great to deal with throughout the process. Adam Stent is his name in case anyone wants a great deal. They were 1700 lower than other dealers in my local area. After expenses, I still netted about $1400 savings. I have family in OK so I made a trip out of it.

I kept track of mileage so I could share with you all.

Dealer filled up car before I left. All figures are hand calculated, not using computer mpg gauge

127 miles, 3.48 gal = 36.49 mpg
253 miles, 7.5 gal=33.7 mpg filled up on hill
221 miles, 7.1 gal=31.12, computer showed 33.80
254 miles, 7.5 gal=33.86, computer showed 31.9
160 miles, 4.9 gal=32.65, computer showed 31.8
376 miles, 12.1 gal=31.07 computer showed 30.1

Total miles 1391, 42.58 gal=32.66 mpg

About 200 miles of the total was city driving, rest was highway doing 65-75, avg prob 70mph

Driving experience was great. Handling and seat comfort was great. Some road noise, but on par with other cars I have drove and nothing annoying. Eyesight was great during some heavy traffic and some that was stop and go. LED headlights are best headlights I have ever seen. Auto hi beams were a nice feature on some rural Oklahoma roads I traveled.

So far my only complaint is the horn. It sucks....so puny...embarrassed to use it. LOL. Thats how great the car is...the only real complaint I can find is the horn. Most of the tech features are pretty intuitive and I easily figured them out. The tire pressure gauges was set to KPA instead of PSI for some reason. I had to dig in manual to figure out how to switch it. Other than that everything else was easy.

I hope my Outback is as dependable as my VW's and Toyota's I have owned. If it is, I have found my new brand. Hope this info helps anyone thinking about buying a Subaru.
Besides not getting back to you was Shortlines pricing equal or better than Heubergers?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shortline gave me the lowest quote out of the gate, absolutely their best price. Just contact their internet Dept for a quote. Hueberger was within $100 and quickly dropped price and beat them by $14. Said that was "all in" and couldn't go any lower. Shortline would have been more convenient since they are in Denver and Colorado springs is about 90 min drive, but I wasn't going to keep emailing them and get no response. I could have called, but I'm just that hard headed. Lol.

·
Registered
2010/2016 outback
1,032 Posts
Shortline gave me the lowest quote out of the gate, absolutely their best price. Just contact their internet Dept for a quote. Hueberger was within $100 and quickly dropped price and beat them by $14. Said that was "all in" and couldn't go any lower. Shortline would have been more convenient since they are in Denver and Colorado springs is about 90 min drive, but I wasn't going to keep emailing them and get no response. I could have called, but I'm just that hard headed. Lol.
Thanks for your response

·
Registered
2019 Limited 3.6R, Crystal White Pearl/Black Interior
104 Posts

Helped a friend buy a Crosstrek from Hueberger and had a very smooth transaction, too. Good folks there. Hueberger had the trim level and color she wanted and I was up for a road trip anyway. Flew into Denver about noon and on the road northbound by 3 or so. Nice car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6R Limited Eyesight, 2018 Legacy 3.6R Eyesight
276 Posts
This buying experience confirms that Colorado is the BEST place to buy an Outback. There's a reason- it's the #1 selling non-truck in the state. Lots of dealers, lots of competition. I live in Northern Colorado and I am within an hour's drive of at least 7 Subaru dealerships. It's worth the effort to come to the Rockies to buy a car. Don't forget to enjoy our scenery before leaving for wherever home is.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited
1,107 Posts
Colorado appears to be not only the home of Subaru, but a good place to find a used electric vehicle, too.

Been searching for a '14-'16 Chevy Spark EV and got quite a few hits in Colorado.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Colorado appears to be not only the home of Subaru, but a good place to find a used electric vehicle, too.

Been searching for a '14-'16 Chevy Spark EV and got quite a few hits in Colorado.
There are some HUGE rebates on EV's in Colorado. If I remember correctly, there's the $7500 Federal tax credit, a $5000 state tax credit, and one of the electric companies offered up to a $10,000 rebate. Yes, that totaled $22,500 off the price of a new car. I'm sure that's affected the used pricing.

·
Registered
2018 Touring 3.6 '15 XV
89 Posts
I did something like this in reverse with our '18 3.6 touring. We drove from Chicago to Boulder for the weekend. About 25 mpg per the car computer for 2000+ miles round trip. It was a little lower on the way west. I hand calculated some tanks, and found it to be about 22 on the west bound and 24 on the east bound, never over 26 or less than 21 at about 75 mph for most of it with some town driving.

Also - Love the LED headlights and eyesight for cruise. Comfy seats. The radio is decent, and the nav works well. Fun to drive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts