Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1998 5Spd Obw,EJ251, Deep Sapphire Blue, "Betty". A few minor mods so far, and a few more planned.
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
been a while since I've been on the forums, my first Outback, a '98 limited, spun a rod and threw a bearing on the way home from Moab. So, I got another one, and finally started making it my own! I know that dropping an Outback is this huge taboo, with some loving it and others hating it and wondering why the **** someone would do that?!?!? I fall into the loving it category, and have dropped mine. I love the way she looks and handles. If I need offroad, I have an F-250 diesel. I love wagons, and especially Outbacks. A lot of people ask why not just get a GT wagon to start of you wanna go lower? Two reasons, I like the way the outback looks better, and they are a dime a dozen out here making it very easy to find a very nice one with exactly what you want. I've done a few things done so far, and have a few plans. Future plans include a lot of suspension bits, including sways, end links, bushings, etc, 18 inch wheels, some interior bits including more stereo, leather steering wheel, alcantara trim, and some WRX/Sti bits. And hopefully someday, a turbo drive train with six speed manual. Current mods are 2009 Outback Sport 17x7 wheels, basic Kenwood head unit, and (the much debated) Raceland Coilovers of which I have this to say; So far, they have been great, the ride is not too harsh and the shop said they looked nicely built. And the customer service has been very very good.
So, enjoy the snaps or go vomit.
Hopefully I get this done right and don't violate any rules. :29:
Cheers,
Erik

·
Registered
'99 Legacy Outback, 2.5
21 Posts
You know, I'm usually not a fan of lowered outback, but, for some reason, I like this. It's super clean looking too. I want to go the other way with mine though. haha nice job! I'd like to see more!

·
Registered
1998 5Spd Obw,EJ251, Deep Sapphire Blue, "Betty". A few minor mods so far, and a few more planned.
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jordang! Yeah, lowered isn't for everyone, but I absolutely love it!!!Handles pretty **** good, but points out all the other weaknesses in the suspension for sure... I had thought about going up as well, but love the low too much, and believe it or not, gets me in less trouble!!! So now I have a bit of a list for suspension. :29: I'll get some more snaps up as I get some good ones. Lots planned for the next year or so including doing a dip on the exterior, matte white pearl, and something on the rims, perhaps metallic baby blue? Who knows, but when it happens, it'll def be put up right here!!!
Cheers,
Erik

·
Registered
1999 Outback. 2.5L, 5 speed, basically all stock.
12 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I love the way your car looks! How far have you come on the project since the last posting?

Also, which racelands did you order? I didn't think I saw any listed directly for our model?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi ryguy, setup is as follows...
Raceland Ultimo Coilovers-GD set with GC front tophats (GD front top hats will bolt right up to the BG but you have to rotate them a bit to go on. The GC front top hats however, go on with no rotation, which is necessary for the camber plates to be funtional )

Thanks for compliments! It's turning out pretty nice so far, and I've done a bit more to it... I got heavy duty front and rear end links, lowered it about another 1.5 inches, partially by going with smaller diameter tires and partially lowering it another inch or so on the coilovers. I've also replaced the wheels with gold Enkei Rpf1's, 17x8 with 215 45 17 Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 tires. She's pretty solid in the corners bit ride is def a bit stiff.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2008 Subaru Tribeca
895 Posts
We're you at garden of the gods last Monday? pretty sure I saw this there, looked great!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I was actually. I Park there a lot when I ride (my bicycle) in town. Thanks man, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ryguy, setup is as follows...
Raceland Ultimo Coilovers-GD set with GC front tophats (GD front top hats will bolt right up to the BG but you have to rotate them a bit to go on. The GC front top hats however, go on with no rotation, which is necessary for the camber plates to be funtional )

Thanks for compliments! It's turning out pretty nice so far, and I've done a bit more to it... I got heavy duty front and rear end links, lowered it about another 1.5 inches, partially by going with smaller diameter tires and partially lowering it another inch or so on the coilovers. I've also replaced the wheels with gold Enkei Rpf1's, 17x8 with 215 45 17 Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 tires. She's pretty solid in the corners bit ride is def a bit stiff.
Sorry to bring this post up, but where did you get all the parts for your coilover setup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts