1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First pics of my car... I love it:10:

Attachments

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 111,000+ miles
5,154 Posts
Very Cool! I guess I'm just going to have to keep on being jealous of all you Aussies until the Outback XT hits U.S. dealer lots. Ya know although I'm not a big fan of beige interiors although oddly enough I love the Silver exterior/beige interior color combos on about every car I've ever seen. I like silver car but the most likely interior color you're always going to get is either black or a grey color. Beige interiors just seem rare, nonetheless your new Outback looks very nice, congrats! Lucky you! :D

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback 2005 Ford Ranger
350 Posts
Nice!

Looks great! I second the silver/beige combo. The car looks great in side profile. Vey tough looking.:) If you happen to take more pictures, I wouldn't mind seeing a close up shot of one of the wheels. I didn't care for them at first but they are growing on me very quickly. Enjoy the car!:29:

·
Registered
MY99 3rd Gen Outback GX, 2004 Lexus RX330 Sport Luxury
242 Posts
We got a mug shot too ! :eek: :D

Looks v nice

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Dual exhaust? Wow, that is a very sleek car. It reminds me of a Volvo Cross Country. Great color. I want one. See Ya. Brian

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dual exhaust

Yep, all current Aus spec Outback and almost all Liberty (Legacy) have dual exhaust, real dual too, not just split at the last moment. ;)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another pic, incl my 11yo son.. he kinda likes the Outback too.. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wheel!

Here is the wheel up close

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2007 Outback H6 LL Bean - Champagne Gold Opal
6,009 Posts
How is the visibility out the rear windows (the "wagon windows" and the actual rear window)?

I'm so used to the huge 1st Generation Outback windows that I imagine it would take me some getting used to to have so much less to see through in the rear...not that something as minor as that would stop me from giving a non-essential body part to actually own one at this point.

·
5,154 Posts
FMGreen said:
How is the visibility out the rear windows (the "wagon windows" and the actual rear window)?
Well obviously Karl can tell you much better than I can, but just from my obseravations at Chicago I can say that visibility throughout the car is greatly improved as compared to my Outback which is already **** good itself. The rear window is larger or at least it seems larger and easier to see through. The rear side windows, although smaller, are easier to see out of. Its probably due to good overall design and engineering of the car, when you see the new OB you'll know exactly what I'm talking about ;)

BTW, Karl your son looks pretty tall for being 11 :eek:

·
Registered
MY99 3rd Gen Outback GX, 2004 Lexus RX330 Sport Luxury
242 Posts
Hero Boots said:

BTW, Karl your son looks pretty tall for being 11 :eek:
That's what I was thinking ! Are you feeding him steroids Karl ? ;) :D There's no way I could reach the top of any car roof at 11 years of age.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Losiho said:

That's what I was thinking ! Are you feeding him steroids Karl ? ;) :D There's no way I could reach the top of any car roof at 11 years of age.
Well he will be 12 in June, but yeah he is really big for his age, always has been, was a 10lb baby! He's about 5'8" and 150lbs! See I need a rugged car to be able to cope with such a big kid ;)

·
5,154 Posts
FMGreen said:
He is clearly on the fast track to growing up to be Conan O'Brien.
:)
Ha Ha that is some good stuff! :D

Jondalar said:

Well he will be 12 in June, but yeah he is really big for his age, always has been, was a 10lb baby! He's about 5'8" and 150lbs!
10 Pounds? Thats it?!? I hold my local hospital's record, 16lbs. 10oz. NO BS!!! My mother usually tells me that the pain she had to endure to have me was not nearly as bad as having to put up with me for 18 years before I moved out :D

Jondalar said:
See I need a rugged car to be able to cope with such a big kid ;)
Now wait a second, is that the line you used on the wife??? :p :D

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback 2005 Ford Ranger
350 Posts
Thanks for the wheel shot. That was some quick service.:D Again, the car looks great. I'm diggin' the silver.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hero Boots said:

10 Pounds? Thats it?!? I hold my local hospital's record, 16lbs. 10oz. NO BS!!! My mother usually tells me that the pain she had to endure to have me was not nearly as bad as having to put up with me for 18 years before I moved out :D ]

Well how big are you now Kevin? Did you end up 7'6" tall? Really curious how tall my son will be, I stopped growing at 13, his mum & her brother got taller til they were about 18..

Hero Boots said:
Now wait a second, is that the line you used on the wife??? :p :D
No wife to convince, just a GF that thinks Subaru's are the best cars ever made & Outback is the best of the best :D

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
injektilo said:
Thanks for the wheel shot. That was some quick service.:D Again, the car looks great. I'm diggin' the silver.
Well to be honest I just trimmed the shot with my son, had to reduce the resolution so much on the others that it was still pretty good even zoomed in that much ;) I was a bit tossed between silver and white, but I'm glad I went for silver now that I have it. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts