Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Liberty/Legacy 3.0R spec B
172 Posts
Jondalar,

I was tossing up between silver and white and I went the white. I am very happy with the white.

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
subah6 said:
Jondalar,

I was tossing up between silver and white and I went the white. I am very happy with the white.
Both great colours IMHO! I liked the Black, but thought the Liberty GT wagon looked better in black than the Outback, also black in QLD is not a good idea, so much hotter when driving in the summer daytime.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes I thought about the black, but I'm rather anal about clean cars and the black is a ******* to keep clean! I had a black car many years ago and I spent all my time keeping the dust off it etc.

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 111,000+ miles
5,154 Posts
subah6 said:
Yes I thought about the black, but I'm rather anal about clean cars and the black is a ******* to keep clean! I had a black car many years ago and I spent all my time keeping the dust off it etc.
Amen Lance, I once owned a black car and I usually just let the rain clean it off because it was a waste to try to clean it otherwise. Green cars are not much better IMO. I will never buy another dark colored car again, give me a white car or maybe silver ;)

·
Registered
MY04 Outback 3.0
75 Posts
My wagon collects dust on the back easily. I have to clean it every 2 or 3 days. Luckily I picked the silver colour so its not that obvious. Can't imagine if I had pick the black.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
loopy said:
My wagon collects dust on the back easily. I have to clean it every 2 or 3 days. Luckily I picked the silver colour so its not that obvious Just have to give the window a good wipe to make it shine.
Yeah having now driven it in the rain, the rear does collect quite a bit of dust etc, specially on top of the rear bumper. Now having said that, I've never felt safer driving in the wet than in the Outback :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
The dust build up is a bit of a pain. It collects on top of the rear bumper and when it rains lightly it pools together as black spots. It seems as though it is from the exhaust. When it rains heavily like it has been today (hooray for some good soaking rain!) it does get washed off.

It is great to be able to drive around as though it hasn't even rained. In all other cars that I drive/have driven you have to be careful in the wet whereas in the Outback you can drive as though it hasn't rained! It is really feels nice and secure.

·
Registered
MY04 Outback 3.0
75 Posts
subah6 said:
The dust build up is a bit of a pain. It collects on top of the rear bumper and when it rains lightly it pools together as black spots. It seems as though it is from the exhaust. When it rains heavily like it has been today (hooray for some good soaking rain!) it does get washed off.

It is great to be able to drive around as though it hasn't even rained. In all other cars that I drive/have driven you have to be careful in the wet whereas in the Outback you can drive as though it hasn't rained! It is really feels nice and secure.
Yep! its great fun to be able to drive the car around the corner knowing that its got a lot of mechanical grip. Bring on more rain please ha!

·
Super Moderator
2007 Outback H6 LL Bean - Champagne Gold Opal
6,009 Posts
I absolutely LOVE driving in the rain.

While everyone else swerves into the on-coming lane to avoid the big puddles that build up on the side of the roads, I swerve towards those puddles. It is so much fun to splash through them. I pity the fool who has to drive behind me during those times though, as I am sure I kick back a significant amount of dirt and gunk!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm so glad it's the rainy season here now :D Lots of fun wet roads to drive on...yeeha! :roadtrip:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts