Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback - 3.6R Limited, EyeSight/Nav/MoonRoof/Kitchen Sink.
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in to pick up some groceries, sun was out. But cloudy. Come out to this!

So excited. Got to have a little fun. But I mostly followed a bunch of slow pokes. Got about 2" of snow in a little less than 90 minutes.

Should be gone my tomorrow afternoon. Typical southern snow... :(

Goosed the throttle a bit and did get the back right tire to let go, other 3 picked up the slack. Then I saw a couple of cars off in the ditch and I was like "I'm done!".

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 OUTBACK 2.5 LIMITED SILVER ICE Metallic, moon and nav free
1,220 Posts
Lmao. Cars in the ditch from that dusting!

·
Registered
2013 Outback - 3.6R Limited, EyeSight/Nav/MoonRoof/Kitchen Sink.
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lmao. Cars in the ditch from that dusting!
Actually, from the point of where I took this picture to the point where I found the cars off the road - in all of about 35 minutes, there was signficiantly more snow on the ground (and the roads had gotten much worse because the area DOT's didn't pre-treat the roads).

Ended up with a whopping 3" in about 2.5 hours. Not a lot by many measures. But when folks aren't used to snow but once very few years, they forget (or don't know how) how quickly one can fly off the road.

None-the-less, I got to play in my shiny new AWD and had a blast!

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Ended up with a whopping 3" in about 2.5 hours. Not a lot by many measures. But when folks aren't used to snow but once very few years, they forget (or don't know how) how quickly one can fly off the road.
Yeah, the south explains it. Up here if you go off the road in 3" of normal snow you've become a source of laughter for anyone driving by :).

·
Registered
2012 OUTBACK 2.5 LIMITED SILVER ICE Metallic, moon and nav free
1,220 Posts
Yeah, don't take if personally! I just find it funny. Glad you got to have fun.

·
Registered
2005 xt limited gone but not forgotten
342 Posts
Yeah, the south explains it. Up here if you go off the road in 3" of normal snow you've become a source of laughter for anyone driving by :).

While all you say is true, I've lived in both the South and the North, there is no difference sliding in 3 inches of snow in upstate NY as to sliding in 3 inches of snow in downstate NC.:29:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts