Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Outback wagon, 2.5i Touring
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first plan when I bought the third gen was to install the whole McIntosh system I have but I changed my mind when I saw how outdated the radio looks compared to the rest of the car plus the 4 x 6.5 inch speakers need a refoam job

a couple weeks ago I went to a local chain, Canadian Tire, and saw this Kenwood HU discounted by $60 at $90 instead of $150 because it's an old model now discontinued , lacking bluetooth , I jumped on the deal and order a Scoshe dash kit and quick connect kit I installed the radio in about 90 minutes total times after soldering the quick connect kit to the kenwood harness

a few weeks later I was at a Walmart and found some extreme deal, Walmart was discounting by 50% a **** load of stuff so I grabbbed all of this at 50% off

JBL 6.5 inch 2 ways gt7-6 , 2 pairs that I installed in the 4 doors with spacers $50 per pair plus $15 per pair of spacers

the sound was getting better compared to the kenwood hooked on the OEM but still not there yet
I went back and grabbed, again at 50% off
1 x Scosche 6x9 speaker enclosure DIY kit $15
1 x Scosche 680W wiring kit $24
1 x Scoshe 400W HD amplifier $45
https://www.scosche.com/hda4002-400-watts-max-2-channel-amplifier

this is where I am right now, I fitted the Scoshe box between the rear seat and the console , and put the McIntosh subwoofer in it
I didn't want anything in the trunk I need my car to carry my working gears

Tomorrow i'm doing the wiring of the amplifier and call it done

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and it's all alive
the McIntosh sub loves that small box
nice to recycle them

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,305 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,300 Posts
Part of me is burning on the inside with that box (mostly its placement), but I wouldn't be surprised if it fills in some more of that bottom end of the mid-bass that's hard to get.

Yeah, eagle's got a point. What's left? 3rd gen?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Part of me is burning on the inside with that box (mostly its placement), but I wouldn't be surprised if it fills in some more of that bottom end of the mid-bass that's hard to get.

Yeah, eagle's got a point. What's left? 3rd gen?
I know it's not common , but it does the job very well and it was easy to install but most important I didn't have to lose an inch of the trunk

the stuff I have left is second gen VDC : 2 front door and 2 rear doors speakers and they all need new surround ring foam job I don't have the tweeter anymore
1 amplifier from a wagon
2 radios, both have some burned bulbs and both have bad cd players
1 brand new Yatour mp3 cnet player

·
Premium Member
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,300 Posts
I know it's not common , but it does the job very well and it was easy to install but most important I didn't have to lose an inch of the trunk

the stuff I have left is second gen VDC : 2 front door and 2 rear doors speakers and they all need new surround ring foam job I don't have the tweeter anymore
1 amplifier from a wagon
2 radios, both have some burned bulbs and both have bad cd players
1 brand new Yatour mp3 cnet player

Hey, if it does the job and sounds good doin' it, that's what really counts.

nom nom nom

you have basically all the stuff I need/want

I have my tweeters somewhere still, the one radio unit I have has a chewed up tape mechanism. Does that MP3/CeNET thing actually work? I might want it all to put it into the Bean Machine. Got the DIN cable too?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, if it does the job and sounds good doin' it, that's what really counts.

nom nom nom

you have basically all the stuff I need/want

I have my tweeters somewhere still, the one radio unit I have has a chewed up tape mechanism. Does that MP3/CeNET thing actually work? I might want it all to put it into the Bean Machine. Got the DIN cable too?
the yatour works I played with it connected to the HU
I have the din cable HU to amplifier
connectors too

problem is shiping is a bitch since I'm in canada

·
Premium Member
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,300 Posts
the yatour works I played with it connected to the HU
I have the din cable HU to amplifier
connectors too

problem is shiping is a bitch since I'm in canada

Yeah, probably talkin' $50 or better for ground even. Anyone up near New England wanna make a deal? lol cross the border to get cheaper shipping.
God I'm so full of terrible ideas. I just wish it was easier to get that stuff.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I usually have very good shipping deals with DHL paying about the same as UPS ground, many times even a few $ cheaper for 2-3 days services !

I could sell you both HU (one with error E2 the other one with error E6 when putting a cd) the amplifier the din cable and the Yatour player if you really want them
the 4 speakers I wouldn't spent energy and money refoaming them they came from a car that was rustproofed with oil and they are not the greatest to start with the sub was fine but it's in my car now

the HU I think I finished replacing all the bulbs on one of them

send me an offer in private message I don't want to sell for the asking price on Ebay but I don't want to lose money either

1 - 9 of 9 Posts