Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And my first foreign for that matter.

A little background on myself.

I have been into cars since i was 14 or so. i LOVE working on my cars. My first car was a 1964 Chevy Corvair. Thats where it all started. Next i got my truck, a '72 C/10 which i and currently restoring/ customizing (link in sig). While i my truck is down i had to have a driver so i got my second Corvair, a 1966 500 Coupe, which is now my daily summer driver. (link also in sig). so as you can se so far Im a diehard chevy guy.

Last year my trusty winter driver was a '99 S/10 Blazer. It was a loyal driver but it was started to show its age so it was time for someone else to love it. i sold her to a friend and i started my search for my next winter beater.

Obviously i was looking in the GM family, hopefully to find a nice 4X4 truck to bomb around in. Being in my first semester of college (im taking automotive tech) and commuting 75 miles round trip a day made a truck seem a bit impractical but i still wanted a GM.

A friend of mine owns a used car lot and he had a nice '05 Outback Wagon that he wanted me to try out. At first i wanted no part of it. It wasn't a chevy, or even domestic for that matter but i say what the hay. i tried it out and liked it. Everyone i've talked to about Subaru's have only had good things to say about them. AWD and 4 cyl seemed to fit my needs for my commute so i finally decided to go with the subie.

So that brings us to Thursday when I picked up my new Subaru. I spent the last couple days tinkering with it and learning about all the cool features that it has. Heated seats and heated wipers! More luxury than I'm used to! LOL So far I like my new Subaru. It drives and handles great and has all the cargo room that I need for my tools and books. I may do a few mods here and there. I'm definitely going to add an aftermarket radio so I can have an auxiliary input

In the end, i cant believe that there is a Subaru sitting in the driveway but i'm glad because this winter will be no problem in my Subaru!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hey man congrats! I bought my 98 back in March, and unfortunately haven't seen snow yet. Mine doesn't have all the fancy stuff yours does, just bare bones. I put in an aftermarket stereo as well and love it.

I couldn't be happier with the car, it has served me so well! Can't wait to hit the roads with it this winter. (Also my first foreign car, never thought I'd fall to the Japanese automakers).

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Yep, very first thing I did with my '04 was put in an aftermarket headunit. I'm too used to the USB input to not have it.

My uncle had a '97 4x4 Blazer with Grabber AT2s on it and an '09 Outback limited with inexpensive all seasons and says the Blazer can't hold a candle to his Outback in the snow. I've been very impressed by my '04 as well, and have gotten spoiled by the heated seats and mirrors, wiper deicers, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey man congrats! I bought my 98 back in March, and unfortunately haven't seen snow yet. Mine doesn't have all the fancy stuff yours does, just bare bones. I put in an aftermarket stereo as well and love it.

I couldn't be happier with the car, it has served me so well! Can't wait to hit the roads with it this winter. (Also my first foreign car, never thought I'd fall to the Japanese automakers).
Thanks! I'm not a fan of snow but i want to see how this thing does in the white stuff. It will happen soon enough.

Yep, very first thing I did with my '04 was put in an aftermarket headunit. I'm too used to the USB input to not have it.

My uncle had a '97 4x4 Blazer with Grabber AT2s on it and an '09 Outback limited with inexpensive all seasons and says the Blazer can't hold a candle to his Outback in the snow. I've been very impressed by my '04 as well, and have gotten spoiled by the heated seats and mirrors, wiper deicers, etc.
I hear a lot of good things about Subarus and snow, my blazer was ok, didn't really see much snow last year but this year will probably be different.

i just ordered my receiver, dash plate, and adapter harnesses. soon i will be listening to good music!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just picked up an '05 outback as well. Pretty much the same car as yours. I got mine with 59K miles on it, that's just over 8,000 miles a year, must have been an old lady going back and forth to the grocery store and doctors appointments.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just picked up an '05 outback as well. Pretty much the same car as yours. I got mine with 59K miles on it, that's just over 8,000 miles a year, must have been an old lady going back and forth to the grocery store and doctors appointments.
Its great that you found a low mile grocery getter. mine just rolled over 90K but it still drives like new!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the new head unit installed and it sounds 100x better than stock, im happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Cameron
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing