Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Freaks, I tell you...Freaks. But that is a nice pic. Good idea, too. Run with it Liz, run with it!!

The idea that is.

Brian

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is about 15 minutes south of Indianapolis. But I grow chiles in Ohio, too.

I'm on some chile-head mailing lists with members in OZ and NZ and South Africa. It's funny to see how their seasons are opposed to ours, so when we're crying about frosts ending the harvests here, they're enthusiastic about setting out their seedlings.

:D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes, those pesky South Africans pop up everywhere these days.:eek: :ucrazy:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Liz, were you at Mild to Wild in Franklin?

Jim puts up some great sauces. I tried some Stupid Hot at the state fair, and I thought they would need to call 911!:17:

The Smokin' Chipotle BBQ is good, too!

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still joking around with the folks, I derived another image from the same source as the avatar I use here. That is the actual pepper field in the foreground, nestled between rows of apples.

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a tradition of responding to the annual invite, with a poem.

This year I used a Scottish form called, of all things, the Standard Habbie:

Then who shall browse the stinging Rows,
Squish Hoosier mud between their toes,
With campfire smoke smell in their clothes,
And brave the rain?
'Tis rare, the masochist who knows
The Field of Pain.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Jim puts up some great sauces. I tried some Stupid Hot at the state fair, and I thought they would need to call 911!
ya know it's good when your esophageal tract goes into involuntary spasms, sorta like hiccups. :eek: if you've never had good chiles rellenos, you should find some. never would have thought when i moved here that i'd develop a taste for whole stuffed and battered chiles....:22:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
yeah, they tell you more about the care in preparation than most any other dish. anyone can make enchiladas. one of the few tradeoffs for living in a backwater like this is great rellenos 300 yds from my house.

i've periodically toyed with idea of making mini-rellenos with habaneros for those who think they're tough and vulcanized and impervious to hot food. visions of expressions like (i'm told) i once had upon eating a golf ball sized wad of wasabe mustard on a chip in the belief it was guacamole...

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here in Columbus we have had a wave of Mexicans and other Latinos in the last 5 - 10 years, so the restaurants and groceries have greatly improved. I have always liked that culture and food, so I am loving this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
5 Participants
The_Lizard
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing