Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2014 OB 3.6R SAP
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Changing scope? Advice?

To summarize we started with what can we buy with cash ($5k saved currently), to what does $10-12k get us. To, we like the Gen 4 body style and interior room, etc, so what does $16k get us? Then I decided on the 3.6R AND I found the SAP package. Which bumped us up to ~$20k+.

But for different reasons I think we have changed our scope for now. Instead of looking for low mileage we are looking at under $18k. More honest and realistic thinking has led us here. Although I’m disappointed and still reconciling with this I think it’s wise moving forward with our financial and family situation.

Can anyone advise or point me to a thread for high mileage 3.6R’s? Looking at a few SAPs with closer to 100k miles. Price is right and everything looks like it’s in good condition but do I really need to stay away?

I would be open to some “higher mileage means more expensive to repair” arguments.

Also FWIW, I would love eyesight and the larger infotainment screen if we choose not to get the SAP.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2014 OB 3.6R SAP
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Purchased!

Purchased a 2014 3.6R with the SAP his pst weekend! Has only 37k miles, 1 PO and no accidents. From DE so I had a long day of traveling on Saturday

:grin2: very excited! So far the nicest car we’ve had.

For some reason the mirrors are body color and the dealer shrugged about it. So the cover caps will probably be the first thing that get removed and replaced with the stock brushed silver ones. Everything is SAP!

Thanks to all who helped out on my search! Looking forward to contributing and learning from this forum!

·
Registered
05 LGT Limited Wagon
139 Posts
Awesome congrats man. Yeah I had to drive from VA to Nebraska for mine. Looks good.

Off topic when you do replace the mirror caps I would be interested in the old ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
05 LGT Limited Wagon
139 Posts
Also quick note, to reset your trip odometer there is a stick to push on the left side of the cluster. Didn’t figure it out until I got home. There are 2 sticks protruding from the cluster.

Also the SAP had nice soft leather in it

·
Registered
2014 OB 3.6R SAP
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Also quick note, to reset your trip odometer there is a stick to push on the left side of the cluster. Didn’t figure it out until I got home. There are 2 sticks protruding from the cluster.

Also the SAP had nice soft leather in it

Wow that’s a longer trip than mine. I only had 7 hours with stops.

Yes! I did figure that out. I’m surprised that the info style buttons at bottom left of the wheel only turn the elapsed time on and off and also mess with settings. I figured there would be more options to it. With my drive I think I figured most of the car out already haha.

But to be safe I downloaded all of the manuals and guides Sunday so I will be reading for a week or two as well lol.

The leather is really nice too! Looks better in person than photos IMO.

Once I do the mirror caps I’ll let you know if I decide not to keep them! It could be a while until I pull the trigger.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,803 Posts
Wow that’s a longer trip than mine. I only had 7 hours with stops.

Yes! I did figure that out. I’m surprised that the info style buttons at bottom left of the wheel only turn the elapsed time on and off and also mess with settings. I figured there would be more options to it. With my drive I think I figured most of the car out already haha.

But to be safe I downloaded all of the manuals and guides Sunday so I will be reading for a week or two as well lol.

The leather is really nice too! Looks better in person than photos IMO.

Once I do the mirror caps I’ll let you know if I decide not to keep them! It could be a while until I pull the trigger.
how much did it cost to land?

·
Registered
2014 OB 3.6R SAP
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Awesome congrats man. Yeah I had to drive from VA to Nebraska for mine. Looks good.

Off topic when you do replace the mirror caps I would be interested in the old ones.

Thanks by the way!! We are super super stoked. :grin2: nicest car we have ever had haha.

·
Registered
2014 OB 3.6R SAP
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
how much did it cost to land?
The car? Or the flight there?

Flight was just shy of $300 but I used points!

Car ended up being just above $23k. Definitely did not get the deal I wanted and I wouldn’t call it a steal either. But with it being CPO and with 37k miles I feel it was worth it now. I’m still really impressed every time I get in it!

It was my first “used car buying from a dealer” experience and my first out of state buying experience. So both of these things coupled with it being pretty much exactly what we wanted (I am happier with the color than the white I originally wanted too), made me feel okay pulling the trigger.

We are happy needless to say.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,803 Posts
The car? Or the flight there?

Flight was just shy of $300 but I used points!

Car ended up being just above $23k. Definitely did not get the deal I wanted and I wouldn’t call it a steal either. But with it being CPO and with 37k miles I feel it was worth it now. I’m still really impressed every time I get in it!

It was my first “used car buying from a dealer” experience and my first out of state buying experience. So both of these things coupled with it being pretty much exactly what we wanted (I am happier with the color than the white I originally wanted too), made me feel okay pulling the trigger.

We are happy needless to say.
fly back in time and tell this guy a month ago how much he should be willing to pay:

https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/67-classifieds/501137-bought-2013-14-outback-3-6r-sap.html#post5722931

·
Registered
2014 OB 3.6R SAP
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,803 Posts
Thanks! A real build thread! Or garage thread really. I haven’t made one for the forester forum but need to. Never figured out how. Guess I just need to ask a moderator uh?
no just start typing.

anything that is not about 2018s gas gauges/ dead screens will brighten up this board. :smile2:

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,803 Posts
I can do that! Btw wasn’t sure if you were joking earlier?
these are all jokes,

congrats though:

you have a forester XT. and a 3.6 5EAT with eyesight

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,803 Posts
I had a feeling but the Internet makes it difficult to discern sometimes.

And thanks! Very grateful.
...a 2013-14 3.6 legacy with eyesight is on my short list. (tall order though). maybe some shmucks hunting down a 2020 LGT with a 2.4T will give up the good old ones.

and then I can snap one up and bring it up to proper outback height.

·
Registered
05 LGT Limited Wagon
139 Posts
Surprisingly my 13 SAP doesn’t have eyesight. I thought they automatically came on the SAPs but I’m mistaken.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts