Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone who gave their two-cents on my posts regarding 6-Speed vs. CVT and Premium vs. Standard. With your advice close at hand I managed to pull the trigger today. I got a 2012 Outback Premium with the CVT in Graphite Gray with the dark interior. Couldn't afford some of the extras I wanted, but I got it for below invoice and they through in the 100,000 mile warranty after a bit of haggling. Costco Auto for the win!

Anyways, not that these pictures are all that interesting, but it's all I have just now and I feel like posting something, so, here ya go.

Thanks again everyone. I am glad to be part of the community and my wife and girls and I are already loving our Subi.

At the dealer before driving her home.

In the driveway at sunset.

·
Registered
2007 Chrysler 300C built 5.7
396 Posts
Looks nice! Did you end up with a CVT or 6MT?

·
Registered
15 cwp outback 2.5 limited
36 Posts
congrats! looks just like mine, except mine has the flares, what other options were looking at that you didnt get?

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,765 Posts
congrats. Enjoy. Not that you've gone Subaru, you won't go back lol

I think you'll be very happy with the CVT. As much I enjoy driving a MT, I can't imagine having one in my OB.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all! I am getting ready to take the girls out for a little daytrip to the zoo and Bass Pro Shops. Should be fun.

I want to get the wheel arch moldings and splash guards. I just love the look and they seem to offer good utility. I am also bummed I could not afford the rear view camera. I have grown so used to it over the last six years. I may try to put in an aftermarket one when money happens, but we just discovered that we will actually be getting $342 less each month than we had anticipated - a REALLY bad thing to learn moments after buying a car assuming a certain budget.

Anyways, I can't talk about that or I'll just get mad and not enjoy my new ride.

Thanks again everyone. despite my money concerns I really love the car and am looking forward to learning more and picking all your brains for advice and experience.

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
Congrats - no worries on the rear view camera in a year or two they will be cheap and easily installed with a simple change out of your rear view mirror and adding a wireless camera to the back of the car. The back up screens are finally being added to a hidden viewer in the rear view mirrors and in a year or two due to the gov mandated back up camera thing the prices will come way down on the parts.

Have fun enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats - no worries on the rear view camera in a year or two they will be cheap and easily installed with a simple change out of your rear view mirror and adding a wireless camera to the back of the car. The back up screens are finally being added to a hidden viewer in the rear view mirrors and in a year or two due to the gov mandated back up camera thing the prices will come way down on the parts.

Have fun enjoy the new ride!
Good to know! I do miss it. I also really miss the proximity sensors. I know I will get used to the new car dimensions, and I've only ever had one car with sensors, but I got used to them. Oh well.

About the Premium Package: I LOVE the power seats and lumbar. Makes a huge difference for me on our long trips. Also love the Bluetooth. It is the first car bluetooth I have used that actually worked and worked well first time out. It's not perfect, but it's close enough for our usage. We can make calls, which is great, but what I really like is streaming Pandora or anything else on my iPhone; or using the nav on my iPhone and having the voice guidance mute my iPhone audio and speak clearly through the car speakers. Things like that are great. There's more of course, but you get the idea: I am glad I went with the Premium!

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts
glad you like it, the wheel arch kit or whatever subaru calls it is well worth it. transforms the look of the car from "hi! i just drove off the lot" to "don't **** with me!" i love my car but it was so incredibly ugly when it looked like every other outback

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
glad you like it, the wheel arch kit or whatever subaru calls it is well worth it. transforms the look of the car from "hi! i just drove off the lot" to "don't **** with me!" i love my car but it was so incredibly ugly when it looked like every other outback
I really love the look of those wheel arches too. Just have to find the money.

Thanks!

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,765 Posts
You might want to put a WTB up on the classifieds. I've seen a couple posts where people don't like them for some reason or other and say their are removing them. Maybe someone has a set in their garage they'd part with.

Personally I love them, even if they serve minimal protection, I just think they look good. Much more subtle than previous Outbacks with they plastic cladding, but still aggresive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts