Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, Steel Silver, all-weather package. Upgrades: Tweeter kit, BlueConnect, media hub, remote start, Curt 2" receiver hitch.
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought this trailer home from the dealership. It is a Homesteader "Fury" 5x8. A big upgrade from my old Harbor Freight 4x8 open trailer (which has served me well). This one will help keep my stuff dry and away from prying eyes.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
I'm a push over for cool trailers. HA HA guessing 15ft tail lights to hitch? Great size! Should be a great tow and easy to park.

We have really used our 4x6 a bunch. Using this Saturday to pick up two chairs that were ordered like 7 weeks ago. Saves us $200 in delivery fees.

I think anything shorter than about 17ft the OB and trailer will fit your standard two slot parking spot which is nice for road trips. My 21ft boat was always just a hair long and always had me worried someone would wipe out the back of the boat not paying attention driving through the parking lot.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, Steel Silver, all-weather package. Upgrades: Tweeter kit, BlueConnect, media hub, remote start, Curt 2" receiver hitch.
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
McBrew,
Didn't you have a Scamp too?
I do, but sadly it is only a 13 footer. It is going to be tight for our newly expanded family of four. The bunks will work for now... but I see us upsizing in a year or two. I really like the Lil Snoozy. If not that, then probably a Livin Lite aluminum popup.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Back to the new trailer...

I certainly feel the bumps more with this trailer than I did with the HF trailer... but the HF trailer has such a flexible frame that it probably absorbed most of the bumps. EVERYTHING is beefier on the new trailer... 15" wheels instead of 12". The axle looks to be about twice the diameter. The main frame members are box beam instead of thin C channel. The list goes on. The only part I was leery about was the [practically] flat roof. There are places for water to pool. It is "galvalume" or some such thing... and it has a 20 year warranty.

The maiden voyage was to Lowes to pick up a new vanity+sink, a set of bifold closet doors, a 36" storm door, and some other miscellaneous items. The beauty of it was that I didn't have to tie anything down! Just put it in the trailer, drive home, and everything was where I left it!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, and yes... it fits easily in a double parking space.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts