Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Progression pictures:

This is just phase two so far, seeing as I havent posted any pics of her before I figured I would go ahead and upload some.

The first 2 pictures are stock, before anything was added.

So far, I have these things done to her:

5% tint all around (50% to be added to windshield)

Debadged trunk lid

All LEDS replaced, interior and exterior, turns fromt and back, reverse, license plates, etc..

2” LP ADVENTURE lift kit.

245/65/R17 Falken wildepeak AT3’s

17x8 Motegi MR118’s

—Coming down the road

Wheel arch Moldings (possibly)

Front bumper/brush gaurd

LED Bars (1 or 2 possibly - maybe small squares in the gaurd)

Roof rack (deciding brand but probably yakima)

Spare tire/wheel in rack

Tire mount

Roll out awning (possibly - outdoors alot)

Considering plasti-dipping my grill partially

Blacked out overlay subie stickers for emblems

Possibly more to come...

Anyway... enjoy.
Questions welcomed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited 3.6r
366 Posts
Thats a stunning Outback Cross! Looks like you dove head first in the upgrades and got all the good stuff taken care of. I love the wheel, I am curious did you have a preference to these over the Methods? Was it a style choice or a performance choice? Either way it looks fantastic with the color of the car.
And of course: how do you like the Lift? LP makes a solid and quality kit. Any issues or complaints?
Keep it up!

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,147 Posts
You need some CKE SSP products to help lock down that chassis, those wheels and the CVT.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...6-subaru-specialty-products-tdck-cke-ssp.html

You have changed the center of gravity, you have added un-sprung weight, The added rotational mass further stress the CVT mount at launches and during articulation.

I am always shocked that folks mod like crazy and forget about some important ones. Of course, you probably had no idea they existed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a stunning Outback Cross! Looks like you dove head first in the upgrades and got all the good stuff taken care of. I love the wheel, I am curious did you have a preference to these over the Methods? Was it a style choice or a performance choice? Either way it looks fantastic with the color of the car.
And of course: how do you like the Lift? LP makes a solid and quality kit. Any issues or complaints?
Keep it up!
I appreciate it!

As for the wheels, I browsed the Methods, and although they have good looking wheels, they were more on the "Rally" genre style. And, although mine are similar, I felt the Motegi MR118 style was more of a blend of rugged/classy...

Either way, you really cant go wrong, it just depends on personal taste... also I got a killer deal on the wheel, and if anything ever happened to them (rash, rocks, etc...) they were only $90 each.. I can easily replace it.

On the lift, seems solid. no complaints. However, I've only had it on 2 days. I have a slight alignment Castor issue because of the strut spacer on the front passenger side, but Im going to my buddy's shop on tuesday to see if the spacer was installed 90* incorrectly, which I think is the case. But other than that.. seems great. Plus the lifetime warranty...
I got 20% off on Black Friday. That helped.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need some CKE SSP products to help lock down that chassis, those wheels and the CVT.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...6-subaru-specialty-products-tdck-cke-ssp.html

You have changed the center of gravity, you have added un-sprung weight, The added rotational mass further stress the CVT mount at launches and during articulation.

I am always shocked that folks mod like crazy and forget about some important ones. Of course, you probably had no idea they existed.
No, I wasn't aware of said issues; however, I was aware of mechanical change and I knew some things have changed, but from nearly EVERY single one similar to mine, there has been no supplement in the form of mods to correct said issues. Ill look into it.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited 3.6r
366 Posts
I appreciate it!

As for the wheels, I browsed the Methods, and although they have good looking wheels, they were more on the "Rally" genre style. And, although mine are similar, I felt the Motegi MR118 style was more of a blend of rugged/classy...

Either way, you really cant go wrong, it just depends on personal taste... also I got a killer deal on the wheel, and if anything ever happened to them (rash, rocks, etc...) they were only $90 each.. I can easily replace it.

On the lift, seems solid. no complaints. However, I've only had it on 2 days. I have a slight alignment Castor issue because of the strut spacer on the front passenger side, but Im going to my buddy's shop on tuesday to see if the spacer was installed 90* incorrectly, which I think is the case. But other than that.. seems great. Plus the lifetime warranty...
I got 20% off on Black Friday. That helped.
I see what you mean, and my thoughts are the same. Methods have be the de facto Outback rallye wheels, so its nice to see some strong competition. Not to mention the fat cash savings too!
Cant wait to see where this puppy goes and your success with Subaru's best car.

·
Master Caster
16,147 Posts
No, I wasn't aware of said issues; however, I was aware of mechanical change and I knew some things have changed, but from nearly EVERY single one similar to mine, there has been no supplement in the form of mods to correct said issues. Ill look into it.
Its not issues really. You just have a soft suspended vehicle that you have modified with bigger tires, lifted and added weight. In the off-road world, folks usually upgrade bushing if available due to the added stress from modifications. My products have only been on the market for 3 months and I am grass-roots, homebrew ... hand produced.

I fill a void for the Legacy/OB platform that most of the aftermarket companies forget about, or have chosen to ignore. You don't see my products at a meet, you can't wax them up for a shoot. No flashy logo, No sports drink, just function. The kind of products that protect and perserve the other work you have done. So, in 50K miles your rig isn't a sloppy, clunky thing you pawn off used.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see what you mean, and my thoughts are the same. Methods have be the de facto Outback rallye wheels, so its nice to see some strong competition. Not to mention the fat cash savings too!
Cant wait to see where this puppy goes and your success with Subaru's best car.
Thanks man! I need to go break her in... I just work so much lol... fishing trip coming up soon. Camping trip too! lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its not issues really. You just have a soft suspended vehicle that you have modified with bigger tires, lifted and added weight. In the off-road world, folks usually upgrade bushing if available due to the added stress from modifications. My products have only been on the market for 3 months and I am grass-roots, homebrew ... hand produced.

I fill a void for the Legacy/OB platform that most of the aftermarket companies forget about, or have chosen to ignore. You don't see my products at a meet, you can't wax them up for a shoot. No flashy logo, No sports drink, just function. The kind of products that protect and perserve the other work you have done. So, in 50K miles your rig isn't a sloppy, clunky thing you pawn off used.
Well, I appreciate your pitch.. more suitable however would be a DIRECT link to the products you suggest for my lifted outback. And, as for the weight change, I'd argue that the weight hasn't changed much. From my rough math, it's about 7lbs more per wheel, totaling 28lbs. I do understand that adds stress, but it couldnt be more than having a car load of people...

at any rate, send me a link to the products you prescribe in your estimation please. I browsed the link you provided earlier but wasnt wanting to search through and figure it out... thanks

·
Master Caster
16,147 Posts
Well, I appreciate your pitch.. more suitable however would be a DIRECT link to the products you suggest for my lifted outback.

I feel I may have trespassed on your thread. My apologies

I browsed the link you provided earlier but wasnt wanting to search through and figure it out... thanks
You have a fair point.

We all dig for what we want, I suppose. You have certainly done a lot of research for your current mods and your future mods. We all have certain things that are important to us. There is no need to clutter up your build thread. The best thing about these cars is they lend themselves to enthusiasm. For the most part, the aftermarket supports this.

Enjoy your car and your build and this forum.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Added Lamin-X in yellow to the fogs; but im not quite sure of them as of yet. I may be removing them.

Also, today, i just plastidipped my grill and i love the way it turned out! Anyone else plastidip?

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts