Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
4,268 Posts
WOW!!! Now that is a BEAUTIFUL pic! :D

Very high quality for being in such poor conditions. What kind of camera did you take that with?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...It is indeed John Bryan State Park. Nice eye! Thats actually the farthest lot from the park entrance. The trails leading into the gorge from that point hit the river very near the "blue hole" (if you're familiar with that).

The camera is just a regular 35mm camera. Nothing special. I think the poor conditions helped contribute to the high quality look of the photo. If you look at other pictures I posted in the gallery under more ideal conditions, they don't look nearly as nice.

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
OK, I think I know the lot you're talking about, if it's down in the gorge. I have fond memories of having a beer-and-cheese picnic at the shelterhouse with my sister, back in the old Audi Super 90 days.

FWIW my dad went to Antioch in the 1950s, helped build some of the trails and the museum at Glen Helen.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The_Lizard said:
OK, I think I know the lot you're talking about, if it's down in the gorge. I have fond memories of having a beer-and-cheese picnic at the shelterhouse with my sister, back in the old Audi Super 90 days.

FWIW my dad went to Antioch in the 1950s, helped build some of the trails and the museum at Glen Helen.
Actually, this lot isn't down in the gorge. If you take a left where the road begins to descend into the gorge, you'll end up where this photo was taken. Not that it matters much as the whole park is gorgeous. Glen Helen is equally as gorgeous.:)

I did some geophysical work on Antioch's campus about a year ago. Nice campus. Yellow Springs is a great little town.

Edit: Speak of the devil... the spring for which the town is named. Very cool... especially for a hydrogeologist.:D

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
"The Earth smells old and warm and mellow
And all things lie at peace.
I too serenely lie here under the white-oak tree
and know the splendid flight of hours
all blue and gay, sun-drenched and still."

- Helen Birch Bartlett

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
OutBack Legolas
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing