Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I drop off my OB to have the remote starter installed at the dealer in the early AM this last yesterday. Tells me it will be done in the late afternoon , okay no problem.

950am As I'm driving back reciopnist calls and says I have to return with the other set of keys in order for them to start the work (that's crap cause they can install the equipment and program later) so I continue on my way home to get the second remote.

1030am Shortly after the service manger calls and apologizes telling me I can come back once they are done installing to have the programjng done.

5pm roles around I call them to ask if its ready. Gentlemen says oh yes come on down (one hour till close) get stuck in traffic so i tell them I'm not making it.

630pm service dept calls and tells me that they don't have the software to program the remote so I have to wait till Monday.

Saturday morning I get a ride to the service dept to pick up a loaner, WOW this car smelled like serious body odor.

I would have been pissed if I drove over 60 miles to be told my car wasn't ready. Anyhow managed to get cargo nets and installation for the hassle.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
......Saturday morning I get a ride to the service dept to pick up a loaner, WOW this car smelled like serious body odor.
Wipe down the interior/dash with a damp cloth and a little Fabreeze spray.
They use it in hotels to kill oders. You can get it at the grocery store. It seems like it has a strong smell but it disappears quickly. You should be back to that new car smell overnight.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not a fiasco until they finish it and it doesn't work.

LOL, well let us just hope the OB goes "vroom" on the first try. I will say that throughout this entire thing they were real apologetic and very willing to please me.

I wanted to ask them if there was a way they could wire it to where the car would not shut off when you open the door BUT if it were that easy they would have done it by now I suppose.

So in a sense I am not really annoyed, just wondering if they are really that disorganized. Not to sound like an ignoramus but here in Louisiana things seem very substandard (that's another story, four more months and back to California), and this doesn’t surprise me.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wipe down the interior/dash with a damp cloth and a little Fabreeze spray.
They use it in hotels to kill oders. You can get it at the grocery store. It seems like it has a strong smell but it disappears quickly. You should be back to that new car smell overnight.
Have some in hand and am going to give it a shot, thanks.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I wanted to ask them if there was a way they could wire it to where the car would not shut off when you open the door BUT if it were that easy they would have done it by now I suppose.
Lawyers and the legal department can be very persuasive. Even if it's easy to remedy now, it'll be harder later to resolve a lawsuit. =P

If they could make it so that the car turns off IF the brake pedal is depressed when the key is not in the ignition or in the car (for SAP), then that would be a lot more... convenient. And there's still security there. But of course deterring thieves with the fact that the car turned off as they opened the door seems somewhat of a psychological theft deterrent.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My remote "Smart" start install went well. My dealership was very good about covering the basics when I set up an appointment for install--bring both sets of keys and triple checked I had the SAP, even when the Smart start arrived after ordering they verified it was the correct remote start because the "Smart" is and the only remote start that will work on the SAP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
2013OB
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing