Subaru Outback Forums banner

my.subaru interval change

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  1 Lucky Texan 
#1 ·
I went to my.subaru to put together the actual specs for the 15k interval and I notice something a little off. It looks like Subaru bought in to the let's-make-the-dealers-some-extra-cash mentality and rolled their intervals back by 750m to 3k.

In my Service History, I see where the dealer loaded the 7.5k oil change. But, when I look at maintenance schedule, I see 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, etc. I'm at 15k, so I can't tell, but I'm willing to bet the service reminder section will highlight a 18k service in a few months.

Not impressed Subaru, not impressed.

NB: I would have thought there was a thread on this, but searching yielded nothing.

NB2: Either the glitch has been resolved or Subaru has shown foolishness in making the change and responsiveness in reverting back.

#4 ·
This.

#6 ·
This is my first post, so I will try not to sound stupid.

Just got a 2008 base model Outback from local dealer. Service records indicate oil and filter changed every 10k with Mobile 1. Seems like too long a stretch to me. Has 60k on it so it's not a high miler. I intend to keep doing Mobile 1 at about 5k.

Your thoughts are welcome! I have learned a lot here already.

#8 ·
I've been confused too. My car has about 2700 miles so it's coming up on the first oil change. I've seen 3k and 3.75k listed for this service, so I called the dealer and they said 3750 miles. Hope that's right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.