Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you go guys, here's my lovely OB Wagon. I have the claim that it is the most unique USDM OB (or maybe in the world) ever made. Here are my reasons:

1. It is the first monotone Outback

2. It is the only monotone Outback with black cloth interior

3. It is one of the very rare base model H6-3.0 OB Wagons, that along with the two latters make it a very rare combination.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Now where have I seen that car before? Hey, I'm pretty much computer illiterate, so can someone tell me how to get my car's picture in this forum? I have various pictures on the web, how do I transfer to here? Right click, save, type stuff? 10-Q Brian.

·
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here you go Brian! Hey guys ask Brian about his intake and hot-rod exhaust :D

When you reply to a thread, above the reply box there is a area with font size, color, etc selection. Click on the IMG button and then put in the URL of the pic and it will show up.

·
I love the Hero Wagon!
4 Posts
Yours is the only monotone outback I've seen, I like it better all one color, rare or not. What mods do you have planned for your "thug wagon?"

·
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I have a custom intake that Sublime Motorsports of Omaha built for me, I'll post pics as sson as I have some. And I'm working on building a custom exhaust which should be done NLT the end of Feb.

My goal is to make it one of, if not the most high performance H6-3.0 OB's out there. Now if I could only get rid of the crap auto tranny:rolleyes:

·
I love the Hero Wagon!
4 Posts
i didn't know you already got your intake put in, did you notice any difference? Do you still have that pic of the outack with the lift kit and big ole grill on the front? is that what you want to do to your car, i'd be impressed. :confused:

·
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tattgerl said:
i didn't know you already got your intake put in, did you notice any difference? Do you still have that pic of the outack with the lift kit and big ole grill on the front? is that what you want to do to your car, i'd be impressed. :confused:
My custom intake made a HUGE difference, it is pretty loud at idle though. I need a good exaust to complement it ;)

Oh and the OUtback you were referring to is that of SubaXtreme of Australia. This thing is a total hoss, but no I'll probably never build my OB into that. Although it would be very cool, it would be one of the only U.S. Outbacks to look like that for sure!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got one of those--2003 OB H6-3.0 wagon, titanium monotone, base trim. (My VIN comes up as a VDC though for some reason...hmm.) I love the color--very nice especially when it's washed, which isn't often this time of year.

This car is my wife's baby, though, so it's likely to stay box-stock.

I'm holding out for the rumored (confirmed by now maybe?) upcoming Legacy STi. :D

·
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tn_subieman said:
I've got one of those--2003 OB H6-3.0 wagon, titanium monotone, base trim. (My VIN comes up as a VDC though for some reason...hmm.) I love the color--very nice especially when it's washed, which isn't often this time of year.
Wow you too?!? My car's VIN comes up as VDC also. The color is one of my favorite things also, it blends dirt and dust in very well. Sometimes it even looks better BEFORE I wash it, well all Subies look better dirty or with mud on them!:D

·
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here you go folks, finally got my pics of my custom intake! This was taken on a lovely Omaha winter day, so forgive its filthyness :p Any question, please ask :D

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Yes, it looks good, but mine is prettier! Now have you done the exhaust yet? And if not yet, how does the intake sound under a load? Loud? Brian

·
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nah, Russ and I have not started on the exhaust yet although I'm going to try the exhaust bypass mod Carl reccommended. Russ and I should start on it around the end of the month or so. The intake is pretty loud at any RPM, it makes a nice sucking sound when you rev it up. Everyone at the Jan NSOC meet liked it very much, Jon S. got a kick out of how much it sucks :p Definately a great performance upgrade, well worth the $100 I paid for it. The one bad thing though is now my car idles significantly rougher in neutral, nothing bad in drive though. It will complement my exhaust very well with the new Borla muffler and dissapeared cats :D

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Great looking car CaoCao (hope I spelt that right), you must've started a design change for the MY05's as they are all monotone and all but the "Premium Pack 3.0R" (read 3.0R VDC) have a black cloth interior or black leather on the 2.5i Premium. I can't wait to get my car next week.. It will be a Silver 3.0R VDC wagon with the beige leather interior :)

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Cao Cao wow i like that mono color way better then the two town.. the two tones on the outbacks remind me of the chevy avalanche... they too look way better mono color as well..

in fact i don't think i have ever seen that one in that color

·
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MaverickOutback said:
Cao Cao wow i like that mono color way better then the two tone.. the two tones on the outbacks remind me of the chevy avalanche... they too look way better mono color as well..

in fact i don't think i have ever seen that one in that color
Well like I said beforehand, its the first monotone color put on an OB. Also it is one of the rarest colors for 2003, although I'd say the two-tone color on your '04 OB is very unique in itself also. It would be my first choice if I was buying an '04 OB, other than that I LOVE the all black LL Bean and kinda like the monotone light green OB as for the 2004 models. Still my favorite car color is white, I didn't like the white two-tone on the 2003 and older OB's although I REALLY like the new white two-tone on 2004's like your's. The only bad thing about the 2004's that steered me away was the fact that all H6-3.0 models come with tan interior ONLY. Thats one of the main reasons I got rid of my junker '01 Civic for my OB.

·
Registered
166 Posts
hum intresting facts

yeah i like the white one as well.. but the dealers only had 4 cyl ones.

as for the 35th edtion yeah the color is differant then most. not really white more of an creamy off white i'd say.. but the price was right i walked out the door at 27k!

though i like the black VDC and the LL Bean but i wasn't going to pay 5k more just for 2 sunroofs, leather interior, a cheap ass stereo upgrade (and i do mean cheap! the name means nothing! sorry if i offend someone but have the speakers are not even twoways), on star and VDC. i mean i could spend 3k and get a katskin custom leather upgrade a in dash dvd player with nav and live with out the sunroof.

but thats just me.

but back to the colors.. i do like the mono color!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts