Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sienna, miss my eyesight. Life moves on.
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at some point a few months ago I quit logging onto the site. I felt like I had learned way more about this car than any normal person would so the only thing I was really paying attention to was all the negativity. This forum is beyond helpful if you need help but after awhile it grows stale and the negativity can create some distate for the car.

Now I find myself getting into the car and just driving, my mind doesn't focus on every little thing. Its just a car and away we go safely and soundly in any weather condition. I did notice a wander after rotating tires but thats cause the PSI on the tires was set too high again. And yes the CVT whines a little too much but thats cause my wife and I carpool and she doesn't like the radio above volume 4. Love the car and how safe I feel with my family in it. We're at about 8300 miles now.

Oh on another note we'll be selling my dads corvette in the near future for a Challenger SRT8 392, their forum uses the same database setup this one does so it feels very familiar. :29:

·
Registered
2012 Impreza Sport Ltd 2013 Outback Limited SAP
1,495 Posts
Good luck and we'll see you back here in a couple of years.

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,766 Posts
I agree with you. I try to ignore the negativity and try to help where I can.

I always laugh inside when my wife comments about how much she enjoys the OB and how glad she is that we got it. All she does is get in and drive and it does everything she expects it to.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
618 Posts
Meh. No one missed you anyways.

I kid... sometimes the signal:noise ratio of any forum gets on your nerves. I mod for another car forum... it's unbelievable the stuff people get bent out of shape over. Which makes it twice it twice as frustrating when I gent bent out of shape over the same dumb thing. When I start seeing myself post more then 1 negative thing for every 5-6 neutral or positive... I stay away for a few days. Or longer as needed.

This forum is pretty mellow, and I like it here, but I've walked away from time to time as well.

Buddy of mine has a Challenger SRT-8... long tube headers, aggressive camshaft, custom made intake (look for a "legmaker" intake, **** of nice guy and good at what he does), LOUD exhaust, high stall torque converter and god knows what else. It's a horrid daily driver, but good lord what a monster!

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 07 BMW E-93
604 Posts
Forums are for open debate of the model you are interested in and education to solve problems or understand a feature or function that is not well understood (by me anyway).
This forum proved to me that it was very valuable in saving me a lot of money and I try to give back what little I can in a constructive manner.

I am on a number of other forums and operate the same way.
It is not constructive to act like an ass so I understand Foxrider's perspective.

I am planning on buying another OB or maybe check the Forester 14 out so I plan to stay around...
Good luck and see you again...

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,112 Posts
I learned a long time ago that I should type a post (or email or text or whatever) once, read it again, edit it if the tone or message might be construed as confusing, read it again and edit it if needed again - maybe even checking for spelling and grammar that time - before sending it. It is easy to be misunderstood or come across the wrong way in electronic media due to the lack of voice inflection and subtle physical clues or "body language" we take for granted when speaking face to face.

I edited this one twice before sending it. I hope it makes sense. Oh, and I try not to type when I am hungry, angry, lonely or tired. That's when I tend to get sort of b!tchy.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
..... Oh, and I try not to type when I am hungry, angry, lonely or tired. That's when I tend to get sort of b!tchy.

Which is all the time.:gasp::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: .....Yep you're right, sarcasm just doesn't play the same in print no matter how many emotives you use.:D

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,567 Posts

Foxrider68, thanks for stopping by to complain about negativity.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
I agree with you. I try to ignore the negativity and try to help where I can.

I always laugh inside when my wife comments about how much she enjoys the OB and how glad she is that we got it. All she does is get in and drive and it does everything she expects it to.
likewise here....

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 CVT All-Weather/Alloy Package, Graphite Gray
199 Posts
I kinda like the different characters on this forum, whether negative, positive or helpful. Would be boring if everyone got along and gave vanilla answers/questions/responses. With that said, you choose what you read.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
I kinda like the different characters on this forum, whether negative, positive or helpful. Would be boring if everyone got along and gave vanilla answers/questions/responses. With that said, you choose what you read.
+1. Ignore can be your friend.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,642 Posts
I can't leave. I mean really, miss a oil change interval thread? No way.
...did someone say that sarcasm just isn't the same in print? I think it worked pretty well here...lol...and I'm with you...can't miss that oil change interval thread...

I like the forum. It has been a great help to me...especially with the the first OB and the shake issue. This forum was instrumental in helping me deal with it...keeping me abreast of TSB's and other important info I needed. This forum has provided some really good, cheap entertainment too.

I know that I fit all catagories of poster on here...positive, negative, sarcastic, humour (I hope)...and I try to help with :2cents: too.

This would be a great time to thank all those people who have posted information that has been helpful to me...okay...gotta stop...getting too verklempt...lol.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Premium CVT, AWP, Steel Silver
826 Posts
...did someone say that sarcasm just isn't the same in print? I think it worked pretty well here...lol...and I'm with you...can't miss that oil change interval thread...

I like the forum. It has been a great help to me...especially with the the first OB and the shake issue. This forum was instrumental in helping me deal with it...keeping me abreast of TSB's and other important info I needed. This forum has provided some really good, cheap entertainment too.

I know that I fit all catagories of poster on here...positive, negative, sarcastic, humour (I hope)...and I try to help with :2cents: too.

This would be a great time to thank all those people who have posted information that has been helpful to me...okay...gotta stop...getting too verklempt...lol.
+1
Take this forum for what it is worth, a very tiny sample of outback owners.
I have read many a great topics here, I am just a sarcastic fool by nature.
Nothing personal to anyone in particular. :29:

·
Registered
2010 3.6R Limited
504 Posts
I've noticed this thread for a few days and decided to check it out. Nice responses! I get good information from this forum. I sometimes grit my teeth when trolls post and roll my eyes at folks who don't follow with my dinosaur views. I'm not a fan of cars that nag, or try to make decisions for me.

I'm on my third Outback, so I obviously like them and the good information here far outweighs the bad attitudes that occasionally come out.

I'm hungry, I better sign off before I get cranky.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts