Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not picking it up until next weekend (still waiting on wheel arch moldings and clear bra) but I couldn't resist a short trip over to Post Falls to see my car relatively fresh off the truck! Took it for a quick spin around the area, dinkin around with Eyesight a bit, but mostly just to drive MY car :D
I'll toss in a couple of pics I had snapped.

I'm really glad the Outback has grown in size. My 6'6" frame appreciates the extra room (as will anyone who sits behind me!)

·
Registered
832 Posts
Ahh, a temperature gauge would be nice!!!

Maybe after a few years I can swap a '13 cluster for my '12... I just have to keep on the lookout for one in a junkyard.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Lash, I blew up the dash photo just to be sure I wasn't imagining a real temp gauge.
I'm thinking the same thing....
But, I'll bet it ain't gonna be that easy.

And congrats, Latigo. And thanks for the photos.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Congratulations on the OB. Must say, I love the color. Enjoy the ride.

I know what you mean by the size. I am 6' so I appreciate the extra head room.

·
Registered
572 Posts
We bought a 2013 Venetian Red Pearl one as well. It seems that we will be in a rare group. It does not seem to be a popular color (which is the way I like it). I love the color. We love ours!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I saw one on saturday night coming home from dinner. It was all shined up with a new plate on it.

I considered the Venetian Red, but I couldn't tell much of a difference between ruby red and that color. Ofcourse it was cloudy the day I saw the 2, but I definitely saw the difference the other day. It's definitely a nice color.

·
Registered
209 Posts
We bought a 2013 Venetian Red Pearl one as well. It seems that we will be in a rare group. It does not seem to be a popular color (which is the way I like it). I love the color. We love ours!
They love that color in Bellingham, I have it as well, was my 1st choice and never thought about a 2nd.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not picking it up until next weekend (still waiting on wheel arch moldings and clear bra) but I couldn't resist a short trip over to Post Falls to see my car relatively fresh off the truck! Took it for a quick spin around the area, dinkin around with Eyesight a bit, but mostly just to drive MY car :D
I'll toss in a couple of pics I had snapped.

I'm really glad the Outback has grown in size. My 6'6" frame appreciates the extra room (as will anyone who sits behind me!)

Beautiful, congratulations. I must say, the Venetian Red looks nice. I don't know what it is, but I find the OB looks really nice in all the available exterior colors. IMO, it's only the interior color that sets them apart.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congratulations on your new car. Looks like a fully loaded Limited with eyesight. Very nice. About the wheel arch molding, is it installed in the dealership? I thought it is done in Subaru factory.

Now I regretted a little bit that I didn't order wheel arch molding plus splash guard on my 2013 Limited + SAP. It would have looked much better. Oh well.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the compliments everyone! :) Seems like a lot of us are over the 6ft mark. I'm on a Roush Mustang forum (have an 02 stage 2 vert as a toy)
and it seems like everyone there is below the 6ft mark lol. I imagine because anyone in their right mind that is over 6ft wouldn't own one due to the lack of any kind of room haha.
Looks great. Did you find a source/price for the headlights?
Can't find em online anywhere :(

Congratulations on your new car. Looks like a fully loaded Limited with eyesight. Very nice. About the wheel arch molding, is it installed in the dealership? I thought it is done in Subaru factory.

Now I regretted a little bit that I didn't order wheel arch molding plus splash guard on my 2013 Limited + SAP. It would have looked much better. Oh well.
They're installing it with the clear bra. Seems like they install the wheel arch moldings on site from what I can tell. My car wasn't the only one on the truck getting the arch moldings installed, so none of them arrived pre-installed.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On a separate note, I ordered two sets of 55w 4500k HID's to be installed in the lows and fogs. I've read the subaru halogen projectors do a pretty good job of handling HID's. I installed them on our hybrid camry and those have worked perfectly.
Guess my only concern is with the fogs. I'm a bit worried the housings might melt. Anyone have any experience with 55w HID's in the fogs?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
18 Participants
Latigo
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing