Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Limited, crystal white pearl, dark gray interior. Eyesight, Nav, HK radio
768 Posts
Hoping for mine the end of October

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
813 Posts
Reactions: pfflyer and Micron

·
Registered
22 Outback Wilderness, 17 RAM 1500, 18 Challenger R/T
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi. What date did you receive your vin? I ordered on July 26th, and have not received my vin. Thx.

I never ask for the VIN actually....I don't know where you are, but in my region, as will all my previous orders, the car is usually here in about 6-8 weeks...the salesperson I deal with gives me the actual arrival date about the 6 week point. He enters the order in the system while we are doing the paperwork and it gets accepted before I leave or by the end of the day. Since I am in NY the cars come through SDC in NJ. New England, NY, and NJ are different than most other parts of the country.

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness Geyser Blue
18 Posts
nice car. So shiny too! Can't wait for mine. I will hit the 4 weeks wait on Tuesday.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
1 Posts
Nice! Got my wilderness in silver in July. If you're into detailing, I'd recommend Adam's UV Graphine ceramic spray as a semi-permanent top coat. It looks really good on the plastic trim too. Enjoy the new ride :cool:

·
Registered
2014 2.5 Limited
45 Posts
I jut received an amazing offer from my local dealer. They want to pay me more than my 14 is worth and get me into something new for the same money. I would love to get in a Wilderness, but I'm always hesitant of first editions of anything. Thats just my issue- you have a really nice car there! Congrats, and good luck!

·
Registered
2020 Onyx Outback
454 Posts
I jut received an amazing offer from my local dealer. They want to pay me more than my 14 is worth and get me into something new for the same money. I would love to get in a Wilderness, but I'm always hesitant of first editions of anything. Thats just my issue- you have a really nice car there! Congrats, and good luck!
It's just an XT with a mild lift basically. Nothing to really worry about.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
12,676 Posts
I would love to get in a Wilderness, but I'm always hesitant of first editions of anything.
The transmission and engine in the wilderness have been in use since 2019 in the Ascent, with the TR690 transmission being introduced in 2010 and has gone through a decade of refinement.

I agree with @EgregiousBlunder that there's nothing substantially new in the Wilderness that would be cause for concern. If the dealership offering you a great trade-in isn't going to turn around and price gouge you for the Wilderness this might be a good opportunity to upgrade.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice! Got my wilderness in silver in July. If you're into detailing, I'd recommend Adam's UV Graphine ceramic spray as a semi-permanent top coat. It looks really good on the plastic trim too. Enjoy the new ride :cool:
Thanks for that.... I'll look for it. I am always up for new products since my other vehicles are black too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks! And right now the guaranteed trade prices are high and going up. My 2020 Forester went up $350 while I was waiting for the Wilderness to arrive. Go for the Wilderness, the only new pieces are suspension related. The ride and handling are incredible as is the vault like solitude. The interior is terrific. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mine hasn't been that shiny since the day I got it and detailed it lol.
Look for Chemical Guys After Wash. I used this on my black Forester, and my RAM is black and through the cold months I use the car wash since I can't wash by hand. No one will know it took you ten minutes and it will look like you just picked it up again.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts