Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Outback Wilderness, 17 RAM 1500, 18 Challenger R/T
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The transmission and engine in the wilderness have been in use since 2019 in the Ascent, with the TR690 transmission being introduced in 2010 and has gone through a decade of refinement.

I agree with @EgregiousBlunder that there's nothing substantially new in the Wilderness that would be cause for concern. If the dealership offering you a great trade-in isn't going to turn around and price gouge you for the Wilderness this might be a good opportunity to upgrade.
And don't forget to call for a "Loyalty Coupon"....you might get lucky if you've owned a few Subaru's in the past...it's worth a shot...good luck!

·
Banned
213 Posts
I saw a Wilderness Edition in Crystal White Pearl at the post office the other day, and immediately thought it was the snazziest looking OB I have ever seen. Hopefully I'll only have to wait 7-8 years until I can afford a used one.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx Outback
454 Posts
Look for Chemical Guys After Wash. I used this on my black Forester, and my RAM is black and through the cold months I use the car wash since I can't wash by hand. No one will know it took you ten minutes and it will look like you just picked it up again.
It's hard for me to justify just hosing it off once in a while and nothing more. Every weekend it sees gravel/dirt/mud forestry roads getting to my hiking/fishing spots. I'm actually getting ready to detail it good and though about doing a clay bar, then hit it with something good so it has some fresh protection for the winter. I can get Adam's stuff easily, they are only an hour away from me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered mine in magnetite grey 3 weeks ago...hoping to get it no later than November seeing I'm stuck on a bike, and need it for ski season! lol

21 - 27 of 27 Posts