Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late on Tuesday afternoon, my salesman called, and said that the Wilderness had arrived! He stated it had come in on Friday, but they had spent THREE days installing ALL of the accessories.
He further said that because of the huge amount of accessories that the sales manager himself will be there for the closing. I will pick it up on Wednesday morning after I get off work.

I will post photos in a later post, but it will be home with me on Wednesday.

Going to drag the monster laptop with me to activate everything while at the dealership to ensure that the Starlink system is functional. I did ask him to have the service department check to ensure it has the most up-to-date software available, so while we are doing the closing it will be in final detail.

It has been a bit of fun waiting for it, and as we had agreed, we never pestered him with phone calls. Patience works.

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
3,027 Posts
Going to drag the monster laptop with me to activate everything while at the dealership to ensure that the Starlink system is functional.
I did this from either my phone or my tablet, most likely the phone. The dealer did the activation of the vehicle to my MySubaru account as they were including the first 3 years of the higher level Starlink package complementary (salesman did it for me as a returning customer), I simply confirmed that the vehicle showed in the MySubaru app on my phone. I was on my own for the SiriusXM activation, but I had some haggling to do with SiriusXM.

So, this means we get another round of blog posts from you asking how things in YOUR vehicle work? That library they give you will be quite helpful in answering the questions. Your salesman also should sit with you to go over the features and functions of the vehicle, unlike just handing you the key to a loaner and shoving you out the door as they've done so far.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, this means we get another round of blog posts from you asking how things in YOUR vehicle work? That library they give you will be quite helpful in answering the questions. Your salesman also should sit with you to go over the features and functions of the vehicle, unlike just handing you the key to a loaner and shoving you out the door as they've done so far.
We plan on at least 30 minutes to an hour for the Q&A with the salesman and the manager. The dealership had never had someone like me, open the accessory book and configuration before building to outfit the car the way it is. A lot of the accessories were to be put on by the dealership, so we will be using the "checklist" to go over everything. So far everything has been painless, and I know about SiriusXM, having done enough activations on previous vehicles. They can be a pain to deal with.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness Edition
35 Posts
I picked mine up yesterday, after ordering it on Sept. 23, so exactly 2 months. It is missing a few of the accessories that I ordered, so I will have to bring it back when those arrive. I have a lot of manuals to read!

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
9 Posts
I know about SiriusXM, having done enough activations on previous vehicles. They can be a pain to deal with.
They certainly can be.. I am jumping thru hoops to get my Wilderness added to my account. I wish they had a plan that covered multiple automobiles. I have enjoyed the long trial on the STi but may let that one lapse thru the winter when I will be driving the Wilderness.

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
1,102 Posts
@Ballermaris, glad to hear that your OBW has arrived! Enjoy, and post photos for all of us to view.

Steve

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Road surface Tread Asphalt

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Some notes here: The Window deflectors are on backorder. The blue engraved oil cap is on backorder.

It has the approach lights in the mirrors.

In the topmost image, you can see the sunroof deflector. Note the side images with the protective door bodyguards. The net for roof rack is in the cargo area, and the cargo area has the protective sides and the interior has pet-friendly doggo covers and pads. The trailer hitch was a factory install and has a tow rating of 3.500 pounds. I have a Weathertech step bumper that will be going into the hitch. All of the undersides are fully armored.

I will go through the setup for the radio, WiFi, and Hotspot later. I've been up all darn day and I am tired.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts