Subaru Outback Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
14,252 Posts
I get the feeling that you're someone who is quite detail oriented and if it weren't perfect you'd notice. :cool:

Reactions: RocketMan20

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
2,521 Posts
I like the new approach to the factory trailer hitch ( which are often botched by dealerships). Yours looks much cleaner and appears to have easier access to the pin. Now go enjoy it!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Late on Tuesday afternoon, my salesman called, and said that the Wilderness had arrived! He stated it had come in on Friday, but they had spent THREE days installing ALL of the accessories.
He further said that because of the huge amount of accessories that the sales manager himself will be there for the closing. I will pick it up on Wednesday morning after I get off work.

I will post photos in a later post, but it will be home with me on Wednesday.

Going to drag the monster laptop with me to activate everything while at the dealership to ensure that the Starlink system is functional. I did ask him to have the service department check to ensure it has the most up-to-date software available, so while we are doing the closing it will be in final detail.

It has been a bit of fun waiting for it, and as we had agreed, we never pestered him with phone calls. Patience works.
Did you consider for the Safety and security plus plan that SUBARU offers for some limited time on new vehicles for around $375 for 7 years. 3 yrs of safety plus is already included but if you want remote start and vehicle location, etc. beyond 6 months (features of security plus) you may want to invest now than paying a lot more later. I‘m not affiliated to Subaru in anyway 😊.

·
Premium Member
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Did you consider for the Safety and security plus plan that SUBARU offers for some limited time on new vehicles for around $375 for 7 years. 3 yrs of safety plus is already included but if you want remote start and vehicle location, etc. beyond 6 months (features of security plus) you may want to invest now than paying a lot more later. I‘m not affiliated to Subaru in anyway 😊.
Yes, we have the 7-year and 3-year plans. After getting up I was tinkering with the app and was looking at some of the capabilities. I did the "Okay, let's see what this does..." I started it remotely, and was oh dang it! Had to go out at zero-dark thirty or so in a wee bit of cold weather and got in to shut it off.

Was reading the manuals, the manual pack is 3.2 inches in height laying flat on the table, and 3. 11.6 pounds. Used my postage scale.

Having to order a 64GB USB to update the map. Looks like it just came out.

Going out to tinker with the Widgets, and put stuff back in the car that I took out from the Wrangler. Also putting on the Weathertech Bump-Step and the Cell Phone holder in the cupholder. The phone is a tight fit in the Wireless Charger (iPhone 12 Pro) as it has a protective case that makes it a bit bigger.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
14,252 Posts
You can also do remote shut-off of the engine via the app.

Reactions: DustMagnet

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
6 Posts
The remote start and stop is wonderful in the winter. Too bad my 2021 Subaru has it and my new Wilderness 2022 doesn't get it in MA.

The manuals are quite a stack.

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback
6 Posts
... The dealership had never had someone like me, open the accessory book and configuration before building to outfit the car the way it is. A lot of the accessories were to be put on by the dealership, so we will be using the "checklist" to go over everything....
Curious to know your accessories to outfit your gorgeous new Outback!

·
Registered
2021 Touring XT in Crystal White Pearl
585 Posts
Can't find it now but somewhere he listed all the accessories he ordered it with. Maybe someone else here can find and link it. Pretty much everything but the kitchen sink, No wait, I remeber seeing that in there as well.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
14,252 Posts
Optical illusion, or are the crossbars backwards?
The rear bar does look backwards - can't tell with the front bar, but the bar should be oriented with the fatter round part in front and the thinner tapered side towards the back - but is it optical illusion? Wide angle lenses make the closer side look fatter?

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited 2.5 // 2009 OBXT 5MT - R.I.P.
430 Posts
Can't find it now but somewhere he listed all the accessories he ordered it with. Maybe someone else here can find and link it. Pretty much everything but the kitchen sink, No wait, I remeber seeing that in there as well.
We have finalized the order before the production of my 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness, and here are some of the fun stuff getting with it or being installed at the factory:

Basically, we raided the accessory store:
All of the Underguards in the accessory or add-on section.
Moonroof
Footwell Illumination Kit
Console Lid Protector
Pet Love Frame
Door Edge Guards
Side Window Deflectors
Body Side Moldings (Yes we have the gorilla tape on standby for later use)
Splash Guards
Door Scuff Protector
Rear Seat Protector
Cargo Sidewall Protector
Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirrors with Approach Light
Thule Heavy-Duty Roof Cargo Basket
Thule Crossbar Set Aero Extended
Trailer Hitch and Ball Mount
Cargo Net
Auto-Dimming Mirror with Compass and Homelink
Moonroof Deflector
Cargo Organizer
Pet-Friendly Padded Cargo Liner and Back Seat Pet-Friendly Cover
Rear Bumper Protector
Door Cladding
Starlink System with WiFi connectivity
Color is Magnetite Gray Metallic
The dealership was able to revise the order on the car they had before it went into production and will be at the dealer by the 2nd week of November.

Sadly Subaru does not have an option for Non-Alcoholic Beer Tap.

All told around $4,000 in accessories and with my trade-in (already taken in) and hefty down payment, it will be around $17,658..47 out the door. If one was to buy it without all the trade-in it would have been $47,000 out the door.

For the moment I am driving a loaner Outback 2020, which I note does have what appears to be leather seats. Love exploring the features, and activating even the Eyesight to get used to it. Though it has a different motor, it is a nice driving car.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts