Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring
26 Posts
I first was graced with the deeper, single beep this evening (with no warning on the dash) when on a 2 lane, rutted road, at night, as a snow storm began. I had multiple driving-on-the-line chimes, of which I am familiar. This other chime which happened several times was downright scary. I didn't know if my tires were low or what.

Seems like Subaru needs to reconsider what drivers really need to know is going on vs. having warning chimes.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring
26 Posts
Does it go off all the time. Are all of you from cold weather locations? The times I got a chime, i noticed there was a icy road alert on the cluster readout
That's when I heard it. However previously I had hundreds of miles with the icy road indicator with NO chime.

·
Registered
2001 Outback Wagon 3.0 VDC
61 Posts
Does it go off all the time. Are all of you from cold weather locations? The times I got a chime, i noticed there was a icy road alert on the cluster readout
THIS!!

Here in Alberta we see this a lot, one chime randomly while driving, it happens when ambient temperature reaches 3 or 4 degrees Celsius, then a little snowflake symbol will appear on the combination meter display.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2018 Outback with Eyesight....I'm familiar with all the various bells from lane crossing, etc...but every once in a while I hear a single "chime" sound.....I even believe it may happen at the same place on while going down a local road....any help here....
Still have this chime. Solved by taking it on a long drive. After long drive car was happy, RPMs low and engine idling quietly.

·
Registered
2019 Outback 2.5i Limited
37 Posts
I, too, have the random one time chime on my ‘19 Outback. While attempts of others to identify it are well received, none are adequate. It is NOT a beep, it is a chime. It has nothing to do with a car in front of me, nor lanes, nor anything else than I’ve identified. Sometimes I’m a block from home, other times I’m ten miles away.
Sure wish Subaru could respond.
I have the same problem with mt 2019 Limited

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
3,398 Posts
The chime (as opposed to a "beep") that some folks seem to be referring to could also be caused by the warning for low windshield washer fluid, although this sound is a good bit lower in pitch (which makes the term "chime" seem a little inaccurate to me). I was getting that somewhat randomly once and if you didn't check the cluster display quickly you would miss the visual warning because it kept cancelling (seemed it was often triggered by tight turns). This is the same tone/chime you will get in the winter when the air temperature reaches 37F (risk of ice warning), or when you activate the hill holder function (which is easy to do accidentally if something is resting on it).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Every once in a while I hear a "chime" on my 2019 OB Limited.... No warning message appears... I have no idea what it's about. Maybe the cars just bored.....
I just started hearing an alarm type beep. No indicators in the dash and def not a lane chime. Just had my windshield replaced and eyesight recalibrated. (?)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you have Nav? Check you settings. Think there is a setting for red light cameras. Mine did the same thing. Believe it was something to do with Nav.
There’s also a buried setting in Nav for crossing city boundaries. It chimes softly.

Took me forever to find that... LOL... someone set it, it’s not the default.

Also chimes for sharp turns coming up, railroad crossings, and other warning zones.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts