Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what this green box is behind the cigarette lighter? Wiring is coming out of the
loom alongside the 12V power for the cigarette lighter? I was thinking some sort of fuse but the 10A fuse for this circuit is under the dash.

Gen 3 2008 Outback H6.

·
Registered
2001 OBW Limited, lowered. 2008 OBW 2.5i, Lifted
17 Posts
I believe that's illumination for the ashtray

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,380 Posts
US service manual wiring diagrams only show a 2-pole connection that service the front accessory socket, with no lighting, just socket power only. So that must be a JDM model feature for the New Zealand market.

Or someone is tracking you. Have any enemies? :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
US service manual wiring diagrams only show a 2-pole connection that service the front accessory socket, with no lighting, just socket power only. So that must be a JDM model feature for the New Zealand market.

Or someone is tracking you. Have any enemies? :)
JDM model i'm afraid, not the best at making enemies...that I know of ;)

While we are talking JDM, has anyone found a good workaround for installing an aftermarket head unit in JDM Gen 3 outbacks? With out spending a stupid amount on a new dash shroud.

·
Registered
18 horizontally opposed cylinders of fury
373 Posts
Do you have keyless pushbutton start and/or proximity features in your car? If so, could it be one of the antennas? I've seen other world markets get this feature by 2008, but the US didn't have those options until 2013. I think another member from Aus or NZ found a similar 2-wire block under his cargo floor & it turned out to be a proximity antenna.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
464 Posts
That's probably the tracking device. Multiple layers of tin foil will need to be used to disable...
;)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts