Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
2,085 Posts
That's not exactly what I meant. The only way to start the car using an auto climate setting is to use the Starlink preset. There is an option to edit that preset however once edited there is no option to save, only start the engine. When creating a customized preset under My Presets, auto climate is not an option. So there's no way that I can determine to create a customized preset using the auto climate.

View attachment 554495 View attachment 554496
You could always try this:

· Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I’m missing something ….. I seem to be able to make all the preset configurations I want …. And start the car with the selected one.
He’s trying to make a preset with the climate control set to AUTO. Theres a preset that came with the app, called Auto, that has it set. You can modify it but you can’t save it as a new preset. When you create a new preset AUTO isn’t an option for climate control.

· Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Interesting project. I'm not sure I want to go through all that effort to set it up. It looks like it could be configured to start with climate control in auto mode so that's pretty cool.
I don’t have an Android but i did this (with help from this forum) on my iPhone with Siri Shortcuts. Bypasses the app and talks directly to the server. Multiple shortcuts for startup and climate configs. Auto is indeed an option for the presets, which make it even worse that the app designers left it out.

· Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I created new presets. One for winter and one for summer. The temp i set is often different then what was there the last time I was in the car. I also set things like get the seats heated, rear and front defrost, etc.
Does it allow you to set the climate control system to Auto when creating them? Can you take a pic/screenshot of it if it does?

· Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Yes it does as explained by Richard K.

The key is to not hit that big button but to click on presents. Then that takes you into another menu.
Yes, I get that. The question isn’t how do presets work. Creating a preset doesn’t seem to allow the climate system to be set to Auto but instead requires you to set the blower level and vent settings and puts it in Manual.

Theres no way to set the below circled climate settings to Auto, they revert to manual when you use the preset.

Product Rectangle Font Slope Line

· Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I just figured it out. You have to select Climate preset first and then start car otherwise goes to last preset that you used. There are Starlink presets in the app and one is auto and also your own presets. The weird thing is if you dont select Climate first before starting it goes to last preset..Took awhile for me to figure it out..Good luck
Yes, that’s obvious. Again, the question isn’t how to use a preset. You completely missed the question. The question is how to build a preset with the climate control set to auto vice manual.

· Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Yeah I'm confused. When I enter my car after auto start, my climate control says "auto". But I do know the 2023 version is different then the previous with "full auto".
The OP has a 23 as well, so that’s not the issue.

Is the preset you’re using one that you created or one that came with the app? Are you suing a preset or just hitting Quick Start?

I don't use the app for remote start, so I’m just going off what the selectable setting are to build a preset.

· Premium Member
2,085 Posts
See above. No "Auto" feature though.
Ok, so it’s the same then. So when you get in and the defroster is set, the climate settings are no longer in AUTO, until you turn off the defroster then they revert to your AUTO settings. Interesting. It still seems odd that they left out the capability to set AUTO as a setting though.

Thanks for explaining that. I assume that a lot of folks don’t use AUTO so they don’t even notice it. Seems like what the OP wants isn’t really an option, you always have to make some changes to get it back to AUTO.

· Premium Member
2,085 Posts
When I use the MySubaru app to remote start my car, I either use the Custom setting I created, or the Full Heat setting. When I get in the car, I simply place the system back in "FULL AUTO" and adjust things to my normal settings.
The OPs original question is why don’t the presets you build allow you to set them up in AUTO/FULL AUTO so you don’t need to make adjustments. The capability exists, it just seems to have been left out of the apps UI for whatever reason.

· Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Sorry folks, didn't mean to create all this confusion. It's entertaining to read though. At least a few people here understood what I'm talking about.

In this post, myth #4 describes the ability to select MANUAL or FULL AUTO, an option which no longer seems available.

And in this post there's a screen shot of the app which shows the FULL AUTO option.
Still seems odd to me that they would remove that option from the app. Either way, glad you got an answer that is at least consistent among multiple users and answers the question with a somewhat definitive answer.

· Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Ok, not to drag this out BUT is there a way to use the remote function to start the car and NOT have the horn blow two times? Is there a way to just start the car without the horn?
The capability exists, but there is no option in the apps UI for it.

If you build a Siri Shortcut on an iPhone you can though.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts