Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Outback 2.5i manual. 103,000 miles. My very first!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
I just picked up my first Subaru Outback last week and I'm rapidy falling in love with it. It's a blue with silver trim 09 with 103,00 miles on her. It's pretty stock except for maybe tinted windows and a bug deflector thingy on the hood. Do I have plans? Oh yeah baby! I want to lift it a little bit, put more aggressive tires on it, better the stereo (why does the stock one suck so badly?!...it's a Harmon/Kardon!), maybe a cargo rack or a box (Yakima or Thule), and whatever else you guys inspire me to do. That way I can just blame it all on the "forum"!;) Cheers!

Jeff

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
dont forget a badass tube bumper, theres one for sale on here, i know it fits '00-'04 not sure about 3rd gen. hope to see you at west coast subaru show 15 later this summer. you don't sound like the other 90% on this forum who just traded in a camry and might go camping once and a while.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't believe I forgot about the tube bumpers! Thanks for the reminder! I don't just want a OBW, I want a badass OBW that goes wherever I want it to. I'd even consider taking it on part of the WABDR (google it) which I did last summer on a motorcycle.

Where's the Subaru show gonna be?

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wabdr

There's a feature length movie about the WABDR. Or you can see the 5 teasers on youtube. They've made "tracks" (like the WABDR) in Colorado, Utah, Oregon, Arizona, and California. It's mostly gravel and packed dirt. There's a water crossing or two, and we encountered snow. The cool part is that you can down load the GPS tracks from the website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts