Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the nameless axle back exaust? Do you like it? Did you see and mpg or Horsepower gains even minimal . Thanks I tried to search but couldn’t find anything

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,119 Posts
Anyone have the nameless axle back exaust? Do you like it? Did you see and mpg or Horsepower gains even minimal . Thanks I tried to search but couldn’t find anything
There on zero gains, just noise.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
There on zero gains, just noise.
Aw come on, surely there must be some gains in making you car sound like a weedwacker...... :grin2:

·
Registered
2015 3.6R
1,855 Posts
I had Nameless on my 3.6R. Took it off after 2 weeks. Too much bass/drone in the cabin. The OB acts like a giant resonator. Not terrible but for a daily commute it was getting annoying. I just think Nameless was too small for it. AVO may be coming out with some axlebacks for the gen 5 and that should sound better but stock works for me.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC/VTD/LSD 5eat , 2.8'' lift
1,682 Posts
It is in your head when you hear that cool sound, and thats whats important. You feel better when you hear it.

·
Master Caster
16,119 Posts
soon i will buy this exhaust for my 2.5 + reflash rom.
Why would you reflash your ROM after installing mufflers. (without the "muff")
After the second AFR sensor (the 1st really) the ECU has no idea whats behind the AFRs, it does care, it doesn't change anything. And "what" are you reflashing your ROM with?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Why would you reflash your ROM after installing mufflers. (without the "muff")
After the second AFR sensor (the 1st really) the ECU has no idea whats behind the AFRs, it does care, it doesn't change anything. And "what" are you reflashing your ROM with?
new rom + full catless exhaust can give close to 200 bhp and more torque.

·
Master Caster
16,119 Posts
new rom + full catless exhaust can give close to 200 bhp and more torque.
Who is doing the tuning? Are there any virtual or real world dyno charts to back this up? Not hating, I just don't think it's possible.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
Who is doing the tuning? Are there any virtual or real world dyno charts to back this up? Not hating, I just don't think it's possible.
I agree.....but it makes for a good laugh. :grin2:

·
Master Caster
16,119 Posts
at this summer i can dyno roll , and post numbers after refalsh rom and high-flow exhaust.:wink2::wink2::wink2:
I'm just curious to see when it's all said and done. I have been part of a tuning group for several years. I have seen many different NA cars come through. Some have full header and complete custom exhausts. My tuner is conservative, but honest about numbers.

Some cars have better motors than others (don't laugh, it true) but there are few gains in HP in these cars unless you boost them either with a supercharger or turbo. I mean 20 to 40 HP is the ceiling.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts