Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking more seriously into a new exhaust for my 2006 outback 2.5i, and in my search have only found 2 real bolt on options. The one I was more interested in is the Nameless exhaust seen below.

Has anyone tried putting this on the 2.5i? On the website it says it was designed for the XT and 3.0. Are the exhaust layouts much different from the Y-pipe back that it couldn't work? I'm in college so while I shouldn't be spending 500$ on an exhaust, I wanna be sure it at least fits haha. Any help or advice is much appreciated!

Edit: I was looking at the one with the 5in mufflers. I want a bit more sound, but nothing to crazy.

·
Registered
2005 Outback VDC limited 3.0r
1,422 Posts
If you just want some more sound, have a exhaust shop weld in some new mufflers. Would be much cheaper then the axlebacks. I believe someone was selling nameless 5in on here though, check the for sale forum. I believe the axleback would fit, but not catback.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had them on my LGT wagon and WRX, on the wagon (5" mufflers) it was a bit loud for my old ears, but did sound nice when you punch it.

The WRX has one of his early setups, a Magnaflow muffler with a custom fitted tip. both setups fit perfectly

·
Registered
'05 2.5XT, '17 2.5iP
71 Posts
If you just want raw sound on a budget, un-bolt the OEM mufflers and have a shop create some straight pipe turn-downs in their place. Keep the OEM exhaust section so you can return it to stock if it gets too loud.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you just want some more sound, have a exhaust shop weld in some new mufflers. Would be much cheaper then the axlebacks. I believe someone was selling nameless 5in on here though, check the for sale forum. I believe the axleback would fit, but not catback.
It looks like Nameless exhausts for sale are for gen 5 and newer unfortunately. I might look into that option tho if it is cheaper. My issue is I dont want to be without a car for a few days so a bolt on would be the solution to that.

·
Registered
'05 2.5XT, '17 2.5iP
71 Posts
It looks like Nameless exhausts for sale are for gen 5 and newer unfortunately. I might look into that option tho if it is cheaper. My issue is I dont want to be without a car for a few days so a bolt on would be the solution to that.
Call a shop, let them know what you've got, set up an appointment and it shouldn't take more than a couple hours.

·
Registered
2005 Outback VDC limited 3.0r
1,422 Posts
It should take a shop less than 1 hour to burn in new mufflers. You can also look up the haugzast mod, basically get a couple washers and un bolt the mufflers, add washers as a spacer to gap the pipe from mufflers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts