Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about it? In the YouTube video it sounds pretty throaty and nice. Are they good? Should I buy them? Would I lose mpg. Will I gain performance? Fire away the answers. Thanks in advance :)

·
Banned
2007 Outback XT Ltd
847 Posts
Wow that's very sad. 74 views and no replies? No one knows or has any details.
Lighten up, there is no need to be negative. It's been less than a day since you posted! I'll be happy to comment:

What are you talking about? Post a link or a description, at least. I have never heard of this no name system. Why make us go searching for information when you already appear to have it? If you want to encourage constructive replies, take the time to lay a solid foundation in your first post.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

·
Registered
304 Posts
Catback

Heres my exhaust. catback. Very throaty and have noticed some performance not a lot but nice to hear what the H6 has to offer also running a K&N . Since no one makes a intake yet.

IMG_1095.JPG

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lighten up, there is no need to be negative. It's been less than a day since you posted! I'll be happy to comment:

What are you talking about? Post a link or a description, at least. I have never heard of this no name system. Why make us go searching for information when you already appear to have it? If you want to encourage constructive replies, take the time to lay a solid foundation in your first post.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA
I meant it as a light-hearted comment and I didn't mean to be negative or to offend anybody, :confused: sorry if I did. Thanks for your post

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,368 Posts
Youtube is worthless. 1st sound clip is miked outside, 2nd is miked inside the car. I know it isn't an ad or a demo for the product so I shouldn't judge it as such... but it doesn't do a thing to help me consider whether it's a worthy upgrade.

I didn't see any other clips with useful audio when I searched.

·
Registered
2007 OBXT 5spd MT
49 Posts
I bot the system kinsten posted on ebay with the 4" mufflers. It arrived last week and I installed it on Friday, so have had the weekend to drive around with it. Installation was a breeze, took maybe 20 minutes, hardest part was removing the bolts to get the old mufflers off, but it bolted right up using all of the factory parts (besides the 2 new gaskets I bought to replace the old ones).

So far so good. The first words out of my mouth when I first turned the key once they were on was "Oh wow" and then I tapped the accelerator and said "awesome". All I was looking for was a WRX-ish sound, and I got it. Nothing obnoxious, just a nice boxer rumble. I wonder how much louder the straight-piped version sounds. Based on what I got with the muffled one, I am sure it would be too loud for my taste.

·
Registered
97 OBW 5MT, 01 LLBean OBW, 03 RubiconTJ 5MT, 05 330cic ZHP 6MT, 07 530XiT AT, 07 Odyssey Touring
127 Posts
I bot the system kinsten posted on ebay with the 4" mufflers. It arrived last week and I installed it on Friday, so have had the weekend to drive around with it. Installation was a breeze, took maybe 20 minutes, hardest part was removing the bolts to get the old mufflers off, but it bolted right up using all of the factory parts (besides the 2 new gaskets I bought to replace the old ones).

So far so good. The first words out of my mouth when I first turned the key once they were on was "Oh wow" and then I tapped the accelerator and said "awesome". All I was looking for was a WRX-ish sound, and I got it. Nothing obnoxious, just a nice boxer rumble. I wonder how much louder the straight-piped version sounds. Based on what I got with the muffled one, I am sure it would be too loud for my taste.
Can you post photos of it installed? I just ordered the 5" mufflers for my OB3.0R....I know it won't have the same sound as the 4cyl turbos....I just want something a little throatier. I'd like to see what they look like installed though. Their webpage only has the muffler delete photos.

-r

·
Registered
2007 OBXT 5spd MT
49 Posts
Can you post photos of it installed? I just ordered the 5" mufflers for my OB3.0R....I know it won't have the same sound as the 4cyl turbos....I just want something a little throatier. I'd like to see what they look like installed though. Their webpage only has the muffler delete photos.

-r
I am not sure what the best angles are to show you. Here are a few pics. If you want something more detailed or larger, PM me your email address.

It's definitely throatier. I live up on a hill and basically coast down in 2nd gear at 15-20mph to the bottom. I'd say that is one of the louder situations. Around town just rowing between 1st and 3rd, you can hear it, but it's nothing alarming and there is no droning in the cabin. It's just a nice below-the-radar growl (or roar as my 10yr old called it). Step on it at all and you know it's there, for sure. I've only had it on the freeway once so far for about 5 miles in each direction and at 70mph in 5th it disappears. Perfect. I am dying to have a chance to pull up next to a guy with a WRX and compare the sound. In my mind it sounds identical but I would love to actually compare side by side.

I drove my 2009 Mini Cooper JCW today which has a great sound and fwiw, the Nameless is slightly more noticeable (read louder) than that.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have them on my 05xt and I love them! Super easy install and look/sound great. Performance wise, nothing really.. Not without the full turbo-back or cat-back. They sound really good though. Not much drone in the cab but sounds great when you mat it! It's a really deep rumble and has the right amount if volume. I really recommend them. Not to mention, build quality is as solid as it gets. I love them and I will for sure get the full turbo back from them as soon as money allows me!

·
Registered
09 OBXT LTD MT
500 Posts
brian, would love to hear the sound! =)
thinking about getting a muffed one too. i started a new thread when a search turned up nothing but this thread is exactly what i was looking for. im in the same boat, dont want it to be too loud. just like a stock wrx is what im aiming for

dj djd do you have the muffed version also?

i wish nameless made smaller tips. ill probably have to paint mine black to hide them.

·
Registered
2007 OBXT 5spd MT
49 Posts
Kaitanium, I will see what I can do about getting a sound clip, but personally I never find them very representative. After a bit more time driving with them on, I am still very happy with the sound. We drove from SF to Tahoe last night and the sound is barely noticeable at 70mph, which is good. Had a local imprezza owner kid comment to me he other day how he thought it sounded just like a WRX, which was the whole idea I guess. And the stainless finish is really nice, don't have your heart set on painting them til you see it.

·
Registered
09 OBXT LTD MT
500 Posts
yea agree sound clips dont do justice. ill have to take your word for it that its got that wrx rumble. seems like it does from the videos already posted. i dont want to sound like i want to race people haha. great thread! maybe if im ever in mill valley i can stop by and check it out if i dont have mine by then? =)

probably will get myself the slash cut ones, seems like the straight cut is too prominent. really wish it had smaller tips. almost looks to me like those honda civics you see around where the owner just added a large tip to the stock muffler pipe just to make it look like hes got a big exhaust. but that aside, i cant resist the sound!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts